International (Canadian) student looking for places to find advice and help about taxes, inspection and mortgage in the Ithaca area! Thanks!

Asked by Malespe, Ithaca, NY Tue Jan 3, 2012

I just started a PhD program and my partner and I would like to invest in a property. We have done some research and found a couple of houses that were interesting in our price range. It's our first house and we are Canadian citizens so we expect this enterprise to be rocky and challenging. We would like to find trusting sources to help us make this process as smooth as possible.

Answers

2
Elvina Amati, Agent, Ithaca, NY
Thu Jul 5, 2012
Hi All,
I am just trying to re-activate Q&A feature to be able to answer questions.
Hope it works!
Elvina.
Bonnie Nault, Agent, Mystic, CT
Tue Jan 17, 2012
Hi I just recently sold a great home to a Canadian couple and she is in her first year as a PhD student. We had a great time working together and I am sure they wouldn't mind me giving them your contact info and you could share experiences - her Mom is a Realtor in Canada.
There are some issues but depending on your visa status, and your financial situation, it can be very easy or not so.
Give me a call with your contact info and if you would like to talk to my clients I will call to make sure they are ok with me giving out their contact info. I am sure they won't mind as they are very fun and I can't imagine they wouldn't want to help another PhD Canadian coming this way!
Bonnie Nault 607-215-6195 , BonnieNaultHomes@gmail.com