Interested in a 30yr 4 BR, 3 bath house in Kingston area of South brunswick NJ.Basement had a strong musty smell and very damp.The owner said the ther

Asked by Truliafan, Princeton, NJ Fri May 7, 2010

Interested in a 30yr 4 BR, 3 bath house in Kingston area of South brunswick NJ.Basement had a strong musty smell and very damp.The owner said the therwas flooding but the problem is fixed. However in basement it still smells very musty and it is pretty stong. Any insight or advice is greatly appreciated

Answers

2
Joyce Begg, Agent, Pennington, NJ
Wed May 19, 2010
Good Morning,

You did the right thing walking away......altho a engineering inspection would have given you pretty much the reason for the smell.

Go to my web site JoyceBegg.com and search for homes in your price range in Kingston, S. Brunswich areas. Or you can e-mail me and I will do the work and e-mail you what is available right now for your consideration.

Joyce Begg
20 years experience working for you!
609-658-5839
Weidel Realtors
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Fri May 7, 2010
See link below to check if the property is located is in a flood zone. Do have the property inspected by a licensed engineer beforehand--what is your agent advising.
http://msc.fema.gov/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/FemaWelcomeVie…