Information regarding Demuth Park

Asked by 2011, Palm Springs, CA Thu May 17, 2012

We´re a gay couple that love PS with limited income considering purchasing a second home in Demuth Park. We´ve heard mixed comments and concerns about this neighborhood. Any information about this neighborhood pro or con would greatly be appreciated. Thanks

Answers

4
Catherine Marcy’s answer
Catherine Ma…, Agent, Palm Springs, CA
Thu May 17, 2012
Demuth Park is located in South Palm Springs which is a desirable area. The homes are entry level pricing and a majority were built in the 1950's or so. The neighborhood is comprised of multi-family dwellings as well. The area has a lot of potential and as always, location and views make a big difference.

Give me a call if I can be of help to you (760)272-0753.
Jody Clark, Home Buyer, Deepwell Estates, Palm Springs, CA
Sat Jul 7, 2012
demuth park is directly south of an airport runway.. when i taught at the elementary school in the neighbourhood, lessons had to stop completely until a plane flew over the school to land.
too bad because the location is excellent and house prices are low.
many houses in the neighbourhood were being fixed up before the recession.
Rarely do I hear plane sounds. I live right by park.
Flag Thu Dec 4, 2014
Byron Lohman, Agent, Palm Springs, CA
Thu May 17, 2012
Demuth Park is one of the more affordable areas in Palm Springs, especially if you are wanting to locate on the south end of town. Many of the homes on the western end are a bit newer and many have been remodeled in the boom a few years ago. Also, consider the area near Tahquitz Creek Golf Club as there are several newer homes (ca 2005) on Marguerite and Lawrence.

Let me know if I can provide any other info!

Byron Lohman, ABR, CCIM, ADPE
Prudential CA Realty
byron@byronlohman.com
DRE #01272085
Jake & Csilla…, Agent, Palm Springs, CA
Thu May 17, 2012
Hello and thank you for your inquiry. Demuth park has been the most up and coming area in South Palm Springs over the last 12 month.

I have personally purchased 3 homes in this Neighborhood and sucessfully rented them out to excellent tenants over the past 18 month.

Again, if your finances are limited and you would love to have a second home in windfree South Palm Springs, i can only and highly recommend to you to start looking around this area as most decent priced homes in Demuth Park are being sold quickly.

Feel free to contact me for more info or visit our website at http://www.fulltimerealtors.com for more info
I have heard mixed review on this neighborhood. We would be living there part time for now until my husband retires. I have been told our home may not be safe in this location. Thoughts? Comments from those who currently live in the neighborhood?
we would also be interested in renting the property for a period of time.
Flag Sun Feb 8, 2015