In your opinion would a real investment in a duplex be as good as an investment in a single family home? I'm looking at buying one or more in

Asked by debra.gillan, Bloomington, IL Sat Jan 5, 2013

Bloomington,Il. and have them manage by a local property manager?

Answers

2
mustaalic, , Normal, IL
Wed Jan 30, 2013
I am a real estate investor and own several duplexes and single family homes...along with several multi-unit complexes. All of my units are managed by a company. I find that duplexes and SFH are very similar in terms of the tenants they attract and also the income they produce. All of the duplexes and single family homes have split utils (making it easier for the landlord) and usually bring longer term tenants. It's going to depend on how much you spend up front. Getting in at the right price will be your ticket. If you are interested in looking, or wanting some more help, please feel free to contact me. mustaalic@hotmail.com

Mustaali Carbaidwala
Managing Broker
Allison Fish…, Agent, Ann Arbor, MI
Sat Jan 5, 2013
I would interview and hire a realtor that is experienced in income properties. They will know your specific neighborhood and have the knowledge to advise you on this. You may get input here, but there is nothing like the personalized service of someone who is working for your best interest.

When it comes to income properties you are rarely comparing apples to apples, so it is more of a pro and con list type of decision.