In your opinion (as a prospective buyer) what qualities are extremely important in a Real Estate Agent ?)

Asked by Barb Kobishop, 53074 Thu Apr 17, 2008

Answers

4
Larry Hall, Agent, Port Aransas, TX
Thu Apr 17, 2008
Local market knowledge along with honesty, ethics, trustworthy are critical. My goal is to be a real estate consultative sales person not a salesperson. I feel my greatest value to a customer is to make sure they have the most current and accurate data to make a real estate purchase decision.
James McWhor…, Agent, Long Beach, CA
Thu Apr 17, 2008
Ethics, trustworthy and dedicated to making your transaction the best possible experience. Local market knowledge and time to dedicate themselves to you. Always ask for references.
Ute Ferdig, Agent, Auburn, CA
Thu Apr 17, 2008
I would say market knowledge is on top of the list. Aside from that, the agent should be a good listener and be able to explain the purchase process to you. You want someone who will have the necessary time to spend with you. Sometimes, buyers think they need to go with the top producer in the area, but they are disappointed because they don't feel that the agent was able to spend enough time with them. Whether you'll need an agent who can spend lots of time with you looking at homes will depend on your search style. A lot of home buyers like to do drive-bys on their own first and then they'll only ask to look at the homes that appeal to them after having driven by. Other buyers want to be accompanied by the agent all the time. It's really a matter of personal preference. I would make a list of those things that are important to you. There's really no right or wrong as long as the agent is knowledgeable. A good agent does not have to know everything, but has to be willing and capable to get the necessary information. Good luck to you.
Larry Story, Agent, Greensboro, NC
Thu Apr 17, 2008
Barb,
When looking and interviewing for a buyer's agent several things you need are your comfort levels with the person in general, very knowledgeable of the area you are interested in, that they will communicate with you in the frequency and medium of your preference (phone, email). There are real estate designations you can look for also to show they are specifically trained to be a buyers agent; ABR, and even depending on age maybe SRES. To find an ABR agent in the area you are looking at go to the link below and search for a buyers agent. I would suggest interviewing several for the job.

If you need a referral just drop me a line and I can help either way

Good luck and happy house hunting,

Larry Story
Coldwell Banker Triad
larry.story@coldwellbanker.com