In the area around Lambert, east of First Ave. which side of Lambert is a better buy, north or south? Area looks nice and prices seem reasonable.

Asked by Rick Stevens, Whittier, CA Sun Sep 26, 2010

Answers

6
Jmairead, , Whittier, CA
Wed Jul 11, 2012
I used JMR group to file my joint taxes, as well as my elderly mothers taxes. I used their service to file previous years tax return and decided to use them again. It took multiple phone calls and emails over several months before I received a return call. I went to the office where Maira took my information and said she will call back for our signature when they were ready. I didn't receive a call back and realized that tax day had come and gone. When I finally spoke to her she said that she filed an extension becasue she had a family emergency. I had never signed for an extension. Finally she completed my taxes, I paid my money and waited for 2 months but I never recieved a tax return. I just got off the phone with IRS and my taxes were never filed.
Maria Rojo, Agent, Avocado Heights, CA
Fri Jan 20, 2012
Rick,

Both areas are good neighborhoods. However, I consider the area south of Lambert to be a better buy as long as you are East of First Avenue. The area between Leffingwell and Lamber has the railroad tracks running through. This may affect the future value of your home, depending on what happens with the railroad tracks. To say the least, you have the noise from the train, which passes by once a day. I've lived in Whittier for the past 21 years, and I would have to say south of Lamber would definitely be my choice.

If you have any other questions regarding Whittier, feel free to contact me any time.

Maria Rojo
(562) 665-1216
Maria@jmrgroup.net
Bob Ulrich, , Whittier, CA
Sat Jan 7, 2012
Rick, trust your gut instincts...Always.
In this case, your instincts are right on.

And try to stay away from those nasty short sales which can tie up your time and deposit for months. But if you're working with a good real estate professional they're filtering those out for you anyway.
Dave Singery, Agent, Whittier, CA
Tue Sep 28, 2010
We like both areas. Alot of choice homes right now in that area. I am sure you have done your home work so you know the bdrm/bths etc. What you might not know is that the area is very family friendly. In the evenings you will see alot of people walking the neighborhoods and enjoying the California evenings.

Dave Singery
Rocio Davis, , Whittier, CA
Mon Sep 27, 2010
Both sides and surrounding of the neighborhood are good and reasonable, most neighbors do keep up their homes, it's really what your preference home stlyle is. If you like, I'll be more then happy to show you a few homes around the neighborhood. Looking forward in hearing from you.

Rocio Davis
(562)201-7704
Laura Doming…, Agent, Pico Rivera, CA
Sun Sep 26, 2010
There's about 5 houses currently listed for sale in area of 90604 built in 1957-1960. Most of them are 3 bed 2 bath homes or 4 bed 2 bath currently listed and viewed with pride of ownership well maintained. These properties are currently running from 299,000-410,000. This is a nice area close to schools and shopping centers. Feel free to log into my web to view properties daily. If you have any questions or would like to view property Im available.