In need of grant or closing cost assistance

Asked by Dwayne, Philadelphia, PA Tue Aug 6, 2013

I am in the process of purchasing a home in the Germantown area of Philadelphia. I am buying the home with my fiance. We are both first time home buyers and are reaching the possibility of us securing grants or assistance toward closing costs and or remodeling. Would any one know of any programs that are available. We are both minorities, one works at Temple the other works as a school teacher. Any ideas or help is appreciated.

Answers

5
Larry Lichtm…, Agent, Bala Cynwyd, PA
Wed Aug 7, 2013
Hi Dwayne,

Some banks are also offering My Community Loans to school teachers where you only need 3% Down Payment and there is no PMI necessary.

Feel free to call me to discuss it in more detail. I can refer you to a mortgage broker who can assist you in that type of mortgage.

Looking forward to speaking with you soon.

Larry Lichtman
Realtor, Property Manager
Your Real Estate Resource For Life
CELL/Text: (267) 254-7994

Liberty Real Estate Associates
924 Arch Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Office: (215) 625-4725
Larry Lichtm…, Agent, Bala Cynwyd, PA
Wed Aug 7, 2013
Hi Dwayne,

You may want to checkout: https://www.nacalynx.com/nacaWeb/index_main.aspx

The OHCD Grant mentioned below is still available from the City for $500 toward closing costs.

Please feel free to call me directly with any other real estate related questions. I'd be happy to help you and your fiancée find a new home and negotiate a good deal for you.

Larry Lichtman
Realtor, Property Manager
Your Real Estate Resource For Life
CELL/Text: (267) 254-7994

Liberty Real Estate Associates
924 Arch Street
Philadelphia, PA 19107
Office: (215) 625-4725
Scott M. Ham…, Agent, Philadelphia, PA
Tue Aug 6, 2013
Contact the Office of Housing & Community Development (215) 686-9749 for a 1st-time homebuyer $500 settlement assistance grant. Also, PHFA has a loan program "Renovate & Repair Loan". Contact PHFA at 1.800.822.1174.

Scott & Colleen Hamilton
Realtors
Prudential Prime Real Estate
cell (215) 805-8700
fax (215) 338-3346
email: foley.hamilton@comcast.net
Don Sherman, Agent, Philadelphia, PA
Tue Aug 6, 2013
Hello Dwayne;
I agree,if you have a Realtor ask him or her for guidance.If you do not have a Realtor I will speak with you about the entire purchasing process,including the grants and other money assistance that is available.
I have 16 years of fulltime experience that will be of benefit in your purchase.
Feel free to contact me at 267-716-8228 or email -realtor94@gmail.com
Centuty21 Advantage Gold
Linda Grey, Agent, Port Orange, FL
Tue Aug 6, 2013

Discuss these options with your Realtor, he or she will or should know if anything is available in your area and different ways it can be handled. If you are not using a Realtor I would get one, there is no charge to you as a buyer.