In New Jersey, must a realtor or seller disclose any noise issues

Asked by Afragetta, 08514 Mon Jun 11, 2012

Thanks. Followup...I am the buyer. I took five trips to area before purchase. Sat outside for hours during home inspection. Pretty quiet. After moving in, discovered racetrack nearby racing every Sat. night. Also did not know military site would do training or whatever...gunfire and explosions often that shake house. And lots of airplanes fly over. No one told me. Seller was lucky, i guess, no planes or explosions heard on any of my visits.. I guess there is nothing i can do about it then if new jersey has no disclosure law. Thanks

Answers

2
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Mon Jun 11, 2012
The laws and interpretation are fairly universal:
You might check to see if the wording is similar there:

"Any material fact which impacts the value of a property must be disclosed...."

Good luck and may God bless
Jacques Ambr…, Agent, Forest Hills, NY
Mon Jun 11, 2012
the broker has a fiduciary responsibility to the seller and should not be telling you about such things, unless there is material defect that wasn't disclosed then the broker would be at fault, otherwise it's your responsibility to check out your purchase and the neighborhood you are buying in. We have some neighborhoods that are under flight paths, the broker should not say to a prospective buyer "gee, before you buy, you do know there is an airport nearby?". Obviously others have bought around you so it's obviously not a hidden problem.