Home Buying in Bordentown>Question Details

Grant, Home Buyer in Bordentown, NJ

In NJ, who is responsible for providing HOA documents should they exist and exactly what documents should they consist of?

Asked by Grant, Bordentown, NJ Wed May 9, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:


Usually the seller is responsible for providing the HOA documents to the attorney for review and to prepare for the closing. If you have misplaced them you can usually get a copy or purchase another copy of them through your association.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon May 14, 2012
You can obtain all the Documents from the listing agent if he/she has them. If not call the HOA and obtain a set. They will be a charge in most cases.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu May 10, 2012
Hello Grant,
Thanks for your question.
The seller normally provides the buyer with those documents. Now if you are buying the home in "as is condition" it will be your responsibility to request them from the Association.
The regular is the Rules and Regulations and the By-Laws. Some places charge an administration fee and a couple of month of association fee in advance to the buyer.
Let me know if you have any other questions.
Good luck!
Ines De La Cruz
RE/MAX Connection
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed May 9, 2012
Hi Grant,

The generally the homeowner will provide the master deed/ rules and regulations although in NJ is not under any obligation to do so. Thus it should be written into the contract by you agent or your attorney during attorney review.

I encourage you to call me at 609-647-8894 so we can discuss how I can help you in the process of buying or selling a home.

Best Wishes,

Michael Carney
Sales Associate
Keller Williams Realty Princeton/Delaware Valley
Licensed in NJ and PA
(RS 315864)
(609) 987-8889 x 1200
(609) 647-8894 cell
(609) 424-0273 Fax
email: MC@mchnj.com

"The Mike Carney Team"
Recipient of the NJAR Circle of Excellence Award
(2006 through 2011)
Member of the Top Producers Association of Mercer County

Voted Best Real Estate Agent 2011 by The Trentonian Readers Choice Award!!!!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed May 9, 2012
You'll need a copy of the Master Document. This is all the rules and regulations of the association. The seller should have a copy, but if not, then it can obtained from the association, usually for a fee.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed May 9, 2012
Hi Grant, Seller should request and pay for (usually a few hundred dollars). You can request they order on CD to conserve paper. It should consist of all rules and regs and you should have approx 10 days to review that you are in agreement. Do you have a Realtor? They should be able to guide you through this process.

R. Eric Axelson, Associate Broker
Kurfiss Sotheby's International Realty
856.617.1212 m
Web Reference: http://kurfiss.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed May 9, 2012
My realtor is under the impression that we, the buyers, have to order and pay for them which I just thought was a little strange.
Flag Wed May 9, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer