In Florida who is responsible for paying back Taxes and HOA fees, buyer or seller?

Asked by Buyer, Florida Wed Nov 11, 2009

Answers

4
Mark LeMenag…, Agent, Lake Nona Orlando, FL
Wed Nov 11, 2009
Good answers below, KEY IS THAT EVERYTHING IN NEGOTIABLE. The standard FAR/BAR contracts for sale and purchase spell out responsibility, but they are amendable. So, read everything you are aksed to sign.

Mark LeMenager
Weichert, Realtors - Hallmark Properties
Keith Sorem, Agent, Glendale, CA
Wed Nov 11, 2009
If this is a short sale do not be surprised if the lender asks you to help pay the HOA fees. It happens. My suggestion if they ask is to agree to pay a small portion...that way they are unable to say that you did not help.
Leslie Poole, Agent, Punta Gorda, FL
Wed Nov 11, 2009
If you are purchasing a home via a tax sale or auction, I would recommend that you consult an attorney or title agent. Typically the buyer is responsible for any unpaid liens, taxes, etc. On a normal sale, I agree with Bill's comments below.
Bill Arther, Agent, Punta Gorda, FL
Wed Nov 11, 2009
Typically the seller is responsibe for paying all back taxes and will receive a credit for the remaining HOA fees paid in advance. However, everything is negotiable and should be addressed in the purchase contract.

Bill Arther - 941-661-3643 - Bill@BillArther.com - http://www.BillArther.com - Keller Williams Realty