Mario Sanchez, Home Buyer in Lake Elsinore, CA

Im 19 years old could i buy a house depending on my income?

Asked by Mario Sanchez, Lake Elsinore, CA Thu May 8, 2014

Answers

8
Kevin and Ju…, Agent, Wildomar, CA
Tue May 13, 2014
The short answer is yes. You will need to complete any other qualifying requirements. Visit with a reputable mortgage lender.
Terry McCarl…, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Tue May 13, 2014
If you have the income and credit score you certainly can. Speak with a lender to find out what you may be able to qualify for.
Randall Ortiz, Agent, Sacramento, CA
Sat May 10, 2014
Definitely. The lenders will usually want two years of tax returns, so as long as you have the work experience.
Neal Akin, Agent, San Diego, CA
Fri May 9, 2014
Marioloki,

You absolutely can! As you specified, it will depend on your income, your assets and your credit history. The first thing you should to is reach out to a mortgage banker/lender and determine what amount you qualify for.

I wish I was as smart as you when I was 19!! Good luck, and I hope you can make your dreams of owning a home become a reality.

I am an a open book and a wealth of knowledge, feel free to email, call or text me with questions.

To gain insight as to who I am, how I conduct myself and how I take great care of my clients, please refer to my recommendations on Trulia.

Very Respectfully,

Neal I. Akin - Realtor
The Akin Real Estate Team
Coastal Premier Properties
858.692.0677
nealakin@gmail.com
http://www.nealakin.com
BRE# 01812949
Sinead McAll…, Agent, Oceanside, CA
Thu May 8, 2014
Hi Marioloki,
Absolutely. You can buy a home a 19. Age is not an issue (as long as you're over 18). We would need to get your employment, credit and income checked for a pre-qualification. I would be happy to work with you to get started.

Thanks!
?Sinead McAllister-Clifford
Real Estate Broker/ RealtorĀ®

McAllister Homes Real Estate
Residential Sales & Property Management
http://www.McAllisterHomes.com
License 01366009
858-205-5215 CELL
info@mcallisterhomes.com EMAIL
Dan Tabit, Agent, Issaquah, WA
Thu May 8, 2014
Marioloki,
Legally, yes you can buy. Practically, most 19 year olds don't have the funds for down payment, the job security or credit history to obtain a loan. My question for you, "are you most 19 year olds?"
Because you want to own a house, whether now or in the near future, here are a few things you can do to make that more likely when you decide to.
Mind your credit. Don't get caught up in the ease of "low monthly payments" and buy everything under the sun. Sales people will push their cards along with the merchandise at everything from hardware stores, to electronics and clothing stores. Having some credit is necessary to demonstrate you are responsible. Having too much will hurt you. Abusing it by running up high balances, paying late and or skipping payments will kill your dream of home ownership for a while.
If you are not going to be a full time student soon, then get a job you love and stay put. Job hopping is tough on credit and the security that lenders are looking for. Especially if you change the type of work you do. If home ownership is your goal, then you need to not chase other goals which don't mesh with that one.
Now, please understand, I'm not advising you to for go your youth, education and experiences to become a mortgage holder, that is entirely up to you. If home ownership is your goal just be prepared to say no to other things.
Nick Carroll, Agent, Kissimmee, FL
Thu May 8, 2014
Simple answer is, yes, you can. The problem that many people your age encounter, especially in your area is that housing prices are going to marry them to a mortgage that is quite hefty. That is why many rent for a few years in a modest neighborhood until they are prepared to jump into the 15+ year commitment.
Steve Parsons, Agent, Salisbury, MD
Thu May 8, 2014
It all comes down to how much credit you have and how much money you can get for a loan. As for as age, anyone over the age of 18 can buy a house.