Im looking to buy some land in an area that is both affordable and nice...If such a thing exists...Any tips on what areas to look into?

Asked by N Rodriguez, Pipe Creek, TX Thu Jul 18, 2013

Answers

7
Sandy Mushin…, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Thu Jul 25, 2013
If you would like to search on your own, you can go to http://www.makesanantoniohome.com. There you can search for listings that fit your specific criteria. You can also set up listing alerts that will come to your email when a property that fits your criteria becomes available.
Sandy
furgmd, Home Owner, San Antonio, TX
Mon Jul 22, 2013
Try La Vernia, TX. Close to San Antonio but still a small, country community. Many subdivisions with deed restrictions but with 1 - 5 acre lots.
Dan Balcar, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Thu Jul 18, 2013
There are so many options. How many acres are you looking for and in what price range? Do you want to take advantage of an agricultural exemption to greatly reduce your taxes? How far of a commute do you want to make? I have looked at land from Bump Gate Road in the Northwest to Elmendorf-La Vernia in the Southeast and found many nice areas in between. Get a mortgage company to help you decide what you can afford and choose a Realtor who can start narrowing the choices for you. Happy hunting. :-)
Pat & Steve…, Agent, Westlake, OH
Thu Jul 18, 2013
We suggest you locate a Realtor whom you are comfortable with (interview 1 or 2 or get a referral from someone you know). After that, let your Realtor find land for you to view.
Jason Campbe…, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Thu Jul 18, 2013
Actually.. this is not very complicated at all. I know most folks like to make it sound like it is...

First things first.. shoot me an e-mail, text me, or go old school and give me a call. I'll be happy to get your criteria... Area, Price, size of land, etc.. and I'll pull you a full list. If you need financing.. I have some great land only options I can share with you to make the whole process simple and quick.

I look forward to hearing from you :)

Jason C Campbell
Platinum Top 50 Finalist - 2012
Option One Real Estate
210-389-5266
Web: http://www.SAHomeExpert.com
Norma Tillem…, Agent, San Antonio, TX
Thu Jul 18, 2013
Boy do I have the place for you! Just down the road off Scenic Loop and seller financing available.
What are the requirments/restrictions?
Flag Thu Jul 18, 2013
Steve Johnson, Agent, Spring Branch, TX
Thu Jul 18, 2013
Mrs. Rodriguez,
My suggestion is before you purchase any piece of property, you get the deed restrictions if any so you know what you can and cant do on the property. If the property is in a community, they may have building restrictions, no mobile homes or mobiles allowed. For a stick built home, so neighborhoods have building requirements, size and amount of masonry. The topography of the lot (lots of slope or none) could play a part in concrete costs potentially. Check on flood areas and make sure the property is not in a flood area (you can check on the FEMA maps available online). Also be aware of what utilities are available example (water, electric and most likely a septic will be required). If you can get permitted for a septic, aerobic septic which costs more versus a conventional septic system. Also road access to the property. Make sure you gets comparables for the properties you find to make sure you are not overpaying for the property. I think that covers the most important factors.

Thank You,
Steve Johnson
Relocation Specialist
Fine Homes International
Prudential Don Johnson
18534 Fourty-Six Parkway Suite 1C
Spring Branch, TX 78070
Cell: (210) 325-1833
Bus: (830) 438-5540
Fax: (830) 438-6730
Email: sjjohnson@gvtc.com

Texas Law requires all real estate licensees to give the following information about brokerage services:

Http://www.trec.state.tx.us/pdf/contracts/OP-K.pdf
Thank you. Im will be a first time buyer and any tips I can get are greatly appreciated. I knew of HOA and want to steer clear of that. Im planning on building a cob style home but I didnt know about building restictions and didnt even think of floods. Thank you again!
Flag Thu Jul 18, 2013