Im looking for a foreign national mortgage to buy a property in TX USA

Asked by Nigel, Stafford, TX Fri Dec 18, 2009

I am looking for a foreign national mortgage to buy a property in Houston Texas. I am British and living / working in Doha Qatar for an American company. Can anyone recommend a mortgage lender who can arrange this?

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Elizabeth He…, Agent, Agawam, MA
Wed Feb 10, 2010
You are a savvy investor buying in the United States. With the U.S. dollar weakened (As of today February 10, 2010 the conversion rate is 1 British pound = 1.5612 U.S. dollars) you can get a great deal for your money.

Will you be living in the property? You will need to contact an immigration lawyer (I have some names on the contact sheet I give to my International Buyers should you need it).

As a member of the International Real Estate Federation and having many British clients of my own I can put you in touch with Lenders, Realtors and resources that specialize in International transactions.

If you need any further assistance, feel free to contact me at
1 vote
Bruce Lynn, Agent, Coppell, TX
Fri Dec 18, 2009
We have two lenders who can offen work these deals.
Nigel if you will send me a quick email, I will send you their contact info.

Bruce Lynn
Keller Williams Realty
rb at

Welcome to Texas....
Web Reference:
1 vote
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more