Im in the market to build a home on the East side of Indianapolis. The new subdivions on 56th Street near German Church Rd. Insight appreciated.

Asked by Mommyb, 46235 Thu Jun 3, 2010

East Side Indianapolis

Answers

3
Chanda Barri…, , Indianapolis, IN
Thu Jun 3, 2010
Another thing you'll want to take into consideration is the number of properties already being resold in the subdivision and whether or not there are a number of foreclosures. You'll also want to think about how long you think you would be in the home and how much the "resales" are selling for compared to the new construction. If you build a home, you should be planning to stay in it for a while because it can many times be difficult to sell it within the 1st five years or so and actually recoup the money you've already put into the property. Just a few things to keep in mind when building a home. Hope this helps...
Indy KW Real…, , Avon, IN
Thu Jun 3, 2010
If you are planning on building a home, use a Realtor. It does not cost extra. The Realtor's commission comes directly out of the builder's advertising budget. It does not cost you one dime.

The area that you mentioned is a very popular area. As you make your decision in moving forward, consider all of your options. Protect yourself! I went to a closing recently with a local builder and the builder was trying to stick the buyer with three years of Homeowner's Association Dues. Don't let this happen to you.

I personally have 14 years of new home construction experience and have had four homes built for myself. I know the process very well. If you need any advice or would like representation with your home purchase, it would be a pleasure to share my experience with you.

Tony Wilson
Wilson Home Team
317-354-7410
tony@wilsonmovedme.com
Web Reference:  http://www.WilsonMovedMe.com
Shari Mills, , Indianapolis, IN
Thu Jun 3, 2010
Of course it goes with out saying BE CAREFUL you don't want nails in your tires but I recommend looking at the homes under construction to see the quality of materials used. Not all builders build the same. I also recommend having Realtor representation use their knowledge to help will what to be upgraded and what not to waste your dollars on--we have gone through the process many times you haven't --that way if there are any issues you have the backing of broker plus MIBOR.