Im behind in my mortgage,Lost my job they threatening to foreclose due to back property taxes owed,What should i do

Asked by Dwightridgell, Grosse Pointe, MI Fri Sep 28, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Rich Urban, Agent, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Sat Sep 29, 2012
Why does everyone keep saying that he should do a short sale?? He never mentioned whether he had equity in the property or not. We really need more information about your situation in order to help you.

Selling the property for cash may be an option...renegotiating the terms of your mortgage may be another...hard money loan?? They are tons of solutions, but it really depends upon your specific situation.
2 votes
Michelle Pay…, Agent, Birmingham, MI
Thu Oct 25, 2012
Please make sure you seek the advise of an agent certified in distress properties. I would be happy to help guide you in your decision at this point. There are many options before foreclosure, but make sure you look at all of your options not just a short sale. Feel free to call or email anytime.
0 votes
Mary, Home Buyer, New York, NY
Thu Oct 18, 2012
I m sorry, please send me Your e mail and will contact you with buyer who maybe is Interested in buy your home. Good luck!
0 votes
Keith Dunn, Other Pro, Detroit, MI
Thu Oct 4, 2012
Dwight, is your house on the county list of properties being sold this year? if not you can go to the county and ask for a payment arrangement. Good Luck
0 votes
John Juarez, Agent, Fremont, CA
Mon Oct 1, 2012
Since you have no job, are behind in your mortgage, have unpaid property taxes and are being threatened with foreclosure I know that you have been fighting this battle for months.

Short sale is the quick and obvious solution but it may not be the only solution or the best solution for you. I hope that you have already sought the advice of professionals whether that be Realtor, attorney, church counselor, housing advocate or others who are in a position to look closely at your situation and make recommendations.

You situation is dire and your story is much too common these days.

I wish you the best.
0 votes
Eric Michael, Agent, Northville, MI
Sun Sep 30, 2012

Do you own your house outright? Do you have the money to pay the back taxes? Need some more info from you.

Give me a call or shoot me an email.
0 votes
Alan Pursell, Agent, San Francisco, CA
Fri Sep 28, 2012
Dwight, You sound like a good candidate for a short sale! You can avoid foreclosure and your credit will only be hit around 80 points. And...if this is your primary residence and this is your original purchase loan, you may qualify for the HAFA program where you can be paid a lump sum after the house sells.
0 votes
Pamela A. Ne…, Agent, Farmington Hills, MI
Fri Sep 28, 2012
You may want to check with your mortgage company to see what options they suggest for you.

I hope this helps. The very best to you!
0 votes
Karen Paytas, Agent, Clinton Twp, MI
Fri Sep 28, 2012

As everyone has said it sounds as if you qualify for a hardship short sale. Give me a call or email me and I'll be glad to assist you in any way I can.

Good Luck,

Karen Paytas, GRI, CMS
Real Living Kee Realty
0 votes
Karen Yunck, Agent, Birmingham, AL
Fri Sep 28, 2012
First of all ,remember you are not alone! Absolutely you need to short sale your property immediately. If you need any help ,please call or email me asap.We have a ahort sale dept. that will expeditite as quick as we can.

Karen Yunck
0 votes
Matheno Ali…, Agent, Detroit, MI
Fri Sep 28, 2012
It sounds as if you qualify for a short sale.
It will save your credit and prevent the home from being foreclosed on.
I've done several short sales in your area.
Contact me ASAP!

Matheno "Ali" Bey CDPE/NAR

24450 Evergreen Rd. #104
Southfield, MI 48075

(248) 352-1335 office
(248) 238-4622 cell
(248) 208-0315 fax
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more