If you only had $100k to spend on a home, need good elementary schools, 3/2 and min 1800sf with a 5 yr exit plan, where in Houston area would you buy?

Asked by Eleda, 77479 Mon Nov 15, 2010

We would be relo'ing from Austin to go to school. Scared about the Houston crime and weather...

Answers

7
Linda Bell’s answer
Linda Bell, Agent, Sugar Land, TX
Mon Mar 19, 2012
Fort Bend County has great schools. Lamar Consolidated ISD, Fort Bend ISD, Stafford Municipal School District all have award winning schools.

Depending on your needs new homes or the resale market it is an ideal time to buy.
Anja Drewes, Agent, Sugar land, TX
Fri Mar 2, 2012
There are great Schools in Sugar Land, Fort Bend School District. If you are looking to spend around 100.000 to 120.000, You will find great Homes in Chimney stone and Settlers Park Subdivision.
Let me know, if i can send you a list of Homes.
Anja Drewes, Broker associate re/max elite
713-298-9177
sold@anjadrewes.com
http://www.anjadrewes.com
Ossie, Home Buyer, Houston County, TX
Sun Nov 13, 2011
Hi

I am looking for the same ,with exemplary elementary schools in Sugarland or Cyprus.
Each district has exemplary schools. If you will google those schools, you can check out the strengths of each. Realtors may give an opinion but the choice is ultimately the buyer's. I would be happy to assist you with your home buying needs. Let me first begin by saying now is the time to buy as our lising inventory is the result of a very robust market.
Flag Mon Mar 19, 2012
Matt Dietz, Agent, Sugar Land, TX
Tue Nov 16, 2010
The question ask for home buying in the 77479 area code. The answers that have been given are all good answers. I not positive but none of the communities are in that zip code. Probably because there is nothing below 100k in that zip code. Most of the areas mentioned have good elementary schools. The answer is: Be prepared to purchase of make an offer sooner as opposed to later to get the home of your choice. At this price range in these areas mentioned, the good homes sells quickly.
Kimbra V Tea…, Agent, Sugar Land, TX
Mon Nov 15, 2010
I have 3 areas of interest...of course depending on your desire to have a move-in ready or a fixer-upper, I'd recommend Tara, near Greatwood, The Grove near Pecan Grove Plantation, and Pheasant Creek or Covington Woods in West Sugar Land. These areas have great schools that they feed to and are constant favorites for a well kept home in that price range. All have good access to major roads, low taxes, and low HOA dues to add to the over all affordability. A newer neighborhood further out is Sunrise Meadows. There is a down payment assistance program that helps with a build and several good condition foreclosures that are less than 3 yrs old. Are you at all interested in Foreclosures?
Melvin Knesek, Agent, Sugar Land, TX
Mon Nov 15, 2010
There are 2 neighborhoods I would consider with your needs, Greenbriar and Pheasant Creek. If you need details on these are any others give me a call. I have work with buyers in this area for almost 30 years and would be happy to try to help you.

Melvin Knesek

K2 Realty,Inc

Office: 281.491.5880
Cell: 281.701.5307
Fax: 281.491.5723
Email: mel@k2realty.com
Mitch Rainey…, , Fort Bend County, TX
Mon Nov 15, 2010
Nice home in Winfield Lakes 2308sqft listed for 99,999 built in 2005. There are a couple of areas in Richmond I would also check into.

Mitch Rainey REALTOR
Keller Williams Southwest
281-935-1165
mitch@mitchelrainey.com
Web Reference:  http://mitchrainey.com