If you have a three story house and wanted to add on a section to the rear of the third level of the house how do I go about doing that

Asked by neyajohnson, Philadelphia, PA Sat Feb 2, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Scott Maritz…, Agent, Bryn Mawr, PA
Mon Feb 4, 2013
I am a licensed architect and realtor. Please email me the address and I can take a quick look at the property via google earth and then the city zoning map website and get a feel for things. I will then follow up with some additional information. Depending on what we find out you might need to talk to an architect, a contractor or both. I will help point you in the right direction as I am very experienced in this topic.

Thank you,
Scott Maritzer
The S i v e l G R O U P
Prudential Fox & Roach Realtors
Cell: 267-240-1911
Email: Scott.Maritzer@prufoxroach.com

As a trained architect and skilled realtor, let me help you navigate all aspects of owning a home.
0 votes
Sheri Curci, Agent, Newtown, PA
Sun Feb 3, 2013
Good Afternoon Neya,
I can give you a Huge explanation on "add on's" to your home... but its rather lengthily so.... i can have a confidential talk with you at your convenience and walk you through the process from Good Contractors, Permits, Variances (if needed) value calculations for the project etc....

Our contact # is 215-757-2889

ENJOY THE GAME!.... John + Sheri

http://www.Mobile.homecatch.com Good Afternoon Neya,
0 votes
Robert Trave…, Agent, Bryn Mawr, PA
Sat Feb 2, 2013
You will need to get a permit, depending on what you are planing to do you might need to get drawings made. Just go to http://www.phila.gov/li/Pages/default.aspx and you will find all the information you will need.

Your Real Estate Professional,

Robert Travers
PA Lic No: RS316370
Oh, by the way I'm never too busy for your referrals!

Keller Williams Main Line Realty
720 W. Lancaster Ave
Bryn Mawr Pa 19010
Mobile: (267)257-4051
Ph: (610)520-6599
Of: (610)520-0100
Fax: (610)520-1835

Email: rtravers@kw.com
0 votes
Tariq Farr, , Jenkintown, PA
Sat Feb 2, 2013
You need to get a permit from the city. Call me at 267-625-8928.
0 votes
Hannah Angert, Agent, PHILADELPHIA, PA
Sat Feb 2, 2013

You need to look at the L&I web site and see what kind of permits are required for your particular project. If you aren't changing the footprint of the house, you may be able to obtain the permits "over the counter" or even online.

0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more