If you have a chapter 13 open, can you get a house financed if the trustee has given her approval? We filed in Ohio and are living in Florida.

Asked by Chris, Cape Coral, FL Thu Mar 22, 2012

Answers

7
Neil Blair-B…, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Thu Mar 22, 2012
It is possible, be sure to work with a mortgage professional who understands the process though. If it does come to the point of difficulty however, there are alternatives that don't include being forced to rent. Good luck with your home search.

Neil G. Blair-Bennett
Broker-Associate
(239) 645-3798
NeilBlairBennett@gmail.com
Web Reference:  http://hope4homebuyers.info
Neil, Thank you so very much for your advise, you have been very helpful and have given us a ray of hope. Once again, thank you and have great weekend. Chris Walsh.
Flag Fri Mar 23, 2012
, ,
Thu Mar 22, 2012
Hi Chris,

Yes, you will need a 12 month payment history from the trustee to show that you have been making your payments on time.

I suggest you speak with a mortgage professional in your area.

Elva A. Wormley
C2 Financial Corporation
(408) 615-8500
, ,
Tue May 22, 2012
FHA financing does allow Chapter 13, however, a 12 month payment history, permission from the BK court all must be obtained, plus most lenders will add overlays regarding your score(s).
Best wishes, Jim 703 615 4675
Terry McCarl…, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Fri Mar 23, 2012
You need to speak with an excellent lender. I have 1 I can put you in contact with. Feel free to email me at leecountyrealtor@earthlink.net
Terry, Thank you for your advise....
Flag Fri Mar 23, 2012
Frank Glaab…, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Fri Mar 23, 2012
I would definately either consult an Attorney or a Mortgage Broker/Banker. I'm sure they can help you figure out about obtaining a loan. Then you can buy a home and call it yours!

Frank Glaab
Agent
Gulf Gateway Realty, Inc
239-243-6224
Genevieve Ra…, Agent, Punta Gorda, FL
Fri Mar 23, 2012
This is a question for your mortgage professional or your Bankruptcy Attorney. Good Luck!
Nancy Doyle, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Fri Mar 23, 2012
I would be happy to put you in touch with a mortgage broker I use. Please send me an e-mail or call and I can put you in touch with them.

nancy.doyle1@comcast.net 239-209-2237

Have a great day,
Nancy
Nancy, Thank you for all you help and information, I will keep you updated on our progress through trying to get a loan. You and another agent has given us a little hope and some rays of sunshine. Once again thank you and have a great weekend.
Flag Fri Mar 23, 2012