If you file Chapter 7 on a home and other bills, can you own a home again

Asked by Heather, Danville, IN Mon Apr 9, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


lendersnetwo…, Agent, Plano, TX
Sun Sep 1, 2013
Yes there is a new program for FHA by HUD for people in your shoes you just need 12 months from the date of the Bankruptcy, short sale or foreclosure.

The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) recently announced the “Back to Work – Extenuating Circumstances” program, aimed to help people who have lost their home through foreclosure, short sale or bankruptcy. HUD has reduced the previously required minimum of 36 months to 12 months before they may be able to finance another home, given that they meet HUD’s minimum eligibility requirements.
0 votes
Dawn Lowden, Agent, Plainfield, IN
Thu Sep 20, 2012
Hi Heather,

The answer is YES, you can. The 1st step would be to speak with a local Mortgage Lender. I would be happy to provide a list of lenders here in Hendriks County.

Feel free to email me at dawn@dawnlowden.com, call me at 317-414-9099,or visit my website at http://www.dawnlowden.com if I can be of further assistance.

Have a good day!
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Home Buying in Danville Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more