If the property you are looking at states as is and you go and look at it something broke while it is up for sale does it still apply to be as is?

Asked by EmilyWhited, Franklin, VA Sat Feb 2, 2013

The home I am looking at; in the pictures did not have a broken glassed door but when I went to look at the house the door was broken and had plywood up to close it up.

Answers

3
Misty Mount, Agent, Yorktown, VA
Sun Feb 3, 2013
Even with an as is home, repairs can be made. As is just means that the Seller is not guaranteeing anything and is not required to make repairs.

With short sales and foreclosures its a given that the bank will only make lender required repairs (which this is) but even then it doesn't hurt to ask.
Good luck!!

Misty Mount
Long and Foster Realtors
540 903 6686
Ok thank you so much!
Flag Sun Feb 3, 2013
Jeff Lurie, Agent, Suffolk, VA
Sat Jul 20, 2013
Hi Emily,

I was following up on your question and wanted to pass along a resource while you're still searching. There is a "Full MLS Home Search" function on my webpage. Feel free to use it to browse the most up-to-date property listings in Franklin and all of Hampton Roads. The search function is updated hourly and has the most current information possible.

Jeff Lurie
Wainwright Real Estate
Specializing in Suffolk, Franklin, Smithfield, Chesapeake, and Isle of Wight County
Licensed Real Estate Agent in Virginia
"Let's Make Moves Together!"
http://www.myopenhouselist.com
Carolyn Lidd…, Agent, Fredericksburg, VA
Mon Feb 4, 2013
Emily, there is no definite answer whether the seller will or will not fix anything. Because they have listed it "as-is" they are telling you they will not. However, It doesn't hurt to ask or to put it in the contract as one of the terms. Sometimes they will consider seller required repairs, even though they have said as-is.