If staying for 5-6 years in Harrison, NY, which option is better money wise - to rent a 2-bedroom apt there or to purchase a co-op's one?

Asked by Jenia, Stamford, CT Wed May 30, 2012

Answers

4
Domzagaroli, Home Buyer, Harrison, NY
Wed Jan 30, 2013
Unfortunately, co-op values have declined in harrison and are still stable. I would rnt for that period of time.
Domenic Zagaroli
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Wed May 30, 2012
This is like waving a red flag in front of a Realtor:
A rental does not appreciate for you,
it appreciates for the owner.

Almost everyone, (you know "they") think that Real Estate is going to go up.
Michael Levy, Agent, Armonk, NY
Wed May 30, 2012
This is an easy math problem to analyze which I will be happy to do for you anytime. The answer is not cut & dry. Please call me at 914-273-9688. Sincerely, Michael F. Levy, Principal Broker, Grand Lux Realty. http://www.GrandLuxRealty.com.
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Wed May 30, 2012
To rent or buy is all about costs and lifestyle. Costs—financing v. moving-in, mortgage v. rent, repairs v. upkeep. Lifestyle—stability v. mobility, predictability v. flexibility, equity v. freedom from debt. It used to be all about equity. Now, there are other variables to consider in the balancing of the buy/rent equation. Consult with your tax professional, and or financial planner, and see what's best for you....