SandK, Home Buyer in Bonita Springs, FL

If our employment is in the Fairport area, what towns should we be looking at within a 20-25 minute commute. Good high school options are important

Asked by SandK, Bonita Springs, FL Sat Jan 19, 2013

Along with updated 1 level homes. Are there 3 car garage homes. ?? We're downsizing but still need and want some space. In the range of 2500-3000 sq feet one level 3 bed minimum . Again what areas should we even browse

Answers

8
If you have kids, DO NOT move to Fairport! Despite what some of the dilusional people whostill live there think, the sucks SUCK!! the SUPERINTENDENT it the absolute WORST ever. He is incompitent and only cares about collecting his $220,000 salary! The staff are rude, the learning is LESS than mediocre and the enrollment is decling FOR A REASON!! The place is going to hell in a handbag, thanks to a horrible superintendent and a lousy board of edu!!
The HS had a great principal for the past 3 years, Dr. Salinas, and the incompetent "leader" got rid of him, so now the place will definatley go down!
Flag Sat Jan 19, 2013
We have lived in Fairport NY over 20 years. My 2 children Graduated from Fairport High School. Mr. Paddock was and still is the Best principal you could ever want to have. Although he has moved on to other things, I know he still keeps involved with Fairport School District. The only issue you might want to address is having your kids not go to McinervaDeland School the Principal at that school was terrible when both my children attended there. But again that was years ago and they may replaced that Principal by now. Both my kids are in college so I am not in the loop any longer on what goes on in the school district. But you can find all kinds of info about the schools and district on line. Fairport.com I think it is. or go directly to the schools web page for info. We only had one big issue with one teacher at Brookshill school years ago. The teacher was a 3 or 4th grade teacher at the time and told me that my son would not amount to anything and we had a meeting with the Principal about this issue and that teacher got a good talking to by the Principal. My son has now Graduated from Buffalo State University and is now taking Grad classes and is in the Honor Socity at his present college. So it goes to show you that if you that teacher was all so wrong and should watch what they say about any stident. But for the most part my kids loved the High School experience at Fairport High School. They have a great music department at the schools as well. Hope this helps.
Actually, the principal they HAD the past 3 years was TOP NOTCH!! Until the moron superintendant decided he wanted a "yes man" working for him instead. Its too bad, Dr Salinas was awesome! Ask any of his students, he really cared about thwm!
Flag Tue Feb 5, 2013
Searching the New York State Education Department’s website led me to a website that will provide ‘the brass tacks' overviews of the Fairport School District's K-12 schools. It provides information such as school rankings, test scores, number of students/teachers, etc. You can put in a certain mile radius to capture information about surrounding school districts. Using a five-mile radius to the Fairport School District, it brought in all the towns/schools I would suggest to you. Go to: http://www.schooldigger.com. Put the zip code in and the radius (miles surrounding Fairport) and it should give you all the information you are looking for. It will not only show you the school info, but also all the homes for sale within that area. It’s a one-stop shop!

If you are concerned about the schools, you may, also, have an interest in knowing about the varying towns' recreation departments and what they have to offer. I would be glad to provide any information that may help you narrow down the best place for your family to live!
Sandy,
It appears you are still on the hunt for information regarding fairport and surrounding town schools. I would actually talk to your employer and see what their personal opinions are regarding the towns and school systems. You can go to my website where I list each town and information regarding the town and schools. Agents are by law can not talk +/- regarding any districts or deselect based on schools performance or lack of.

Here are some links that I send to my relocation clients to better assist them. If you go to the schools individual websites you can also get an idea once you know who they are. I would be glad to discuss your options more or answer any questions you may have:
1. http://nces.ed.gov/ccd/districtsearch/
2. https://reportcards.nysed.gov/
3. http://www.grar.org/Events/PressReleases.html
4. Dont forget google maps. When you put in an address you can go to walk mode and scroll to check things out. My clients seem to like this the most to check the neighborhoods of homes.

No matter who you talk to there are always going to be those that are unhappy with programs etc. It is best to research and talk to those that live in those areas. I can send you names and numbers of people in different districts with advance permission from them unless you have personal contacts here.
-
I hope this has helped and if I can be of any further assistance and you would like more help in choosing towns/schools/areas to browse feel free to contact me via cell/text at
585-236-7780 or email me at BradNewton@Remax.net.

"Honesty & Excellence Always"

Brad Newton
Certified Buyer Representative
Seniors Real Estate Specialist
RE/MAX Custom
585-236-7780
Hello Sandy,

There are many one level homes in the area up to 3 bedroom up to 3000 square feet that are less than 25 minutes away from Fairport, NY. (Pittsford, Brighton, Perinton, Victor, Farmington, Macedon, Palmyra, etc) I would love to share a few of them with you. Please email me so I can send you a few. My email address is gwen.smith@huntrealestate.com.
Gwen Marie Smith, Licensed Real Estate Associate Broker
Hunt Real Estate ERA
585-732-2777
gwen.smith@huntrealestate.com
http://www.gotogwen.com
Consider working with an agent of your own who can provide any necessary information; also research areas of interest online and in person. For school information see links below....
https://reportcards.nysed.gov/
http://www.greatschools.org/
http://www.schooldigger.com/
Hello, and welcome to the area! You're starting your search at a great time, when the market is just beginning to ramp up for the season.

You should definitely be able to find a home that has most or all of your criteria within a good commute time to Fairport. You'll also have access to multiple highly-ranked schools. I'd be happy to get you more resources for school information to look over if you'd like.

You'll find 3-car garage homes; they're not as common but definitely out there. One-level homes are a bit less common here than other parts of the country, but they are out there and in demand. There are also many patio home options with well-appointed first-floor masters and a second floor with one or more bedrooms that are often geared toward downsizers like yourselves.

I work out of the Fairport office, but also do a majority of my business throughout the East side of the Rochester area - Fairport, Pittsford, Penfield, Webster, etc. There's about a maximum 20-minute commute time within that radius and each community has individual charms and lovely properties to offer. An agent such as myself would love to help you get acquainted with the area so that you find just the right spot for you!
Hi, good questions. I would concentrate on my search in the Towns of Perinton, Penfield, Pittsford, Brighton and Webster. You might also consider the Wayne County Towns of Macedon and Walworth and the Ontario County Town of Victor. With regard to schools, I recommend searching out this information on the NYS Education Department website. They have "report card" performance reports for every school district in New York State. Drop me an email and I will send you the link to the exact page, if you like. In the areas I've recommended you will certainly find updated one level homes with 3 bedrooms and plently of garage space. The likelihood of having a better selection of what you are looking for will also depend on your price range. I would be happy to help further by sending you listings to view via email. Please contact me at carmen.lonardo@remax.net or visit my website, http://www.realestateonthemove.biz, and set-up a HomeFinder custom search there that will send you listings to view by email. Thank you for the opportunity to serve you and your family.