If my now husband bought a house (he only on the deed). I took out a loan/ mortgage on the house. Did the eliminate me from being a first time buyer?

Asked by Alice riding, Kansas City, MO Sat Jan 12, 2013

I want to buy a house and want the first time buyer benefits.

Answers

4
Janie Schoonmaker’s answer
Janie Schoon…, Agent, Independence, MO
Sat Jan 12, 2013
HI Alice, I would love to help you and work with several helpful, knowledgeable lenders who could assist you with this. Please feel free to give me a call and I"ll be glad to try and answer your questions. I"m a local Kansas City Realtor.

Janie Schoonmaker
Reece and Nichols
816-665-4317
I filed bankruptcy in May of 2011 and afraid I won't qualify for a loan. Any suggestions? What kind of money would I need to have?
Flag Mon Jan 14, 2013
Michael Diggs, Agent, Gladstone, MO
Sat Jan 12, 2013
Alice,
I would like to dicuss this with you in more detail. I think I can HELP. Please call me anytime at 816-863-7797. I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Thank you
Michael Diggs
i'll call you!
Flag Sat Jan 12, 2013
Meagan, Home Buyer, Kansas City, MO
Sat Jan 12, 2013
It you need a local lender here in Kansas City please give me a call I work with excellent and knowledgable lenders. We can also discuss what it is your looking for in a home.

Meagan Kang 816-589-5337
http://www.NorthlandHomeDeals.kwrealty.com
Tim Moore, Agent, Kitty Hawk, NC
Sat Jan 12, 2013
First time buyer does not mean you have never bought a house in your life. I really hate the term First Time Buyer because it really makes you think you must never have bought a house before. What it means is that you have not purchased a house in the last few years. You just need to speak with a lender or mortgage broker and explain the situation, you can call them and ask that.
question for you...if i filed bankruptcy last year and put the home with the deed in spouses name in the bankruptcy, when could i buy a house again?
Flag Sat Jan 12, 2013