If my credit is not good how can i find out what i need to do in order to qualify for a mortgage?

Asked by Nichelle Santos, Wilmington, DE Fri Oct 1, 2010

Answers

7
Larry Hultbe…, , 19711
Sat Oct 2, 2010
Here are a few local lenders who do a great job

Jayson Botniack Mortgage America 302-983-6731

John Thomas Primary Residential Mortgage (302) 703-0727

Brian Atallian Pike Creek Mortgage 302-563-5599

All are experienced and will tell you what you need to do to raise your score

Larry Hultberg
Web Reference:  http://www.TakeTheEXiT.com
Karla Wagner, Agent, Bonney Lake, WA
Sat Oct 2, 2010
I would ask a friend or family member to refer you to a good mortgage professional. They will help in reviewing your credit report and advise on what the best steps are, based upon your situation. It may take some time and patience to work through all of it, but you'll persevere, and soon enough you'll be out shopping for your home. Best wishes to you!
Stephanie Cl…, , West Bellevue, Bellevue, WA
Sat Oct 2, 2010
Hi Nichelle...

You may want to work with a company who "scrubs" your credit and looks for either errors on your report or creditors who are willing to drop negative marks on the report. I know some people who have used Lexington Law to do this. They do charge a fee (not sure how much) but there are other companies out there who do the same thing. Here is Lexington Law's web address: http://www.LexingtonLaw.com. Once your credit report is in better shape you can find a Realtor who can recommend several mortgage brokers or banks for you to work with.

Stephanie Clancy
The Cascade Team
Simply Outrageous Service! Not Outrageous Commissions!
Bj Corey, , Dover, DE
Sat Oct 2, 2010
Hi Michelle.. I work with lenders who will run your credit, tell you what is good and/or bad and tell you what to do to get it right so that you can then go on to buy youself a home, my # is 302-382-9851.
Terry Bell, Agent, Santa Rosa, CA
Fri Oct 1, 2010
The other answers are all right on, but to add a suggestion, you might go to one of those free credit report websites, you are entitled to a free credit report each year that doesn't affect your credit score pulling it, and you can start learning to read a report and seeing how your buying habits look on paper. Also, these websites have some suggestions to improve your credit score, just be careful that you are not signing on to an "unfree" website! Best, Terry Bell, Realtor, Santa Rosa, CA (I appreciate your taking the time to do a thumbs up)!
Katina Geral…, Agent, Wilmington, DE
Fri Oct 1, 2010
I would definitely speak to a qualified Mortgage specialist or broker. They work with lenders every day and would be best suited to tell you if you qualify and for what amount. They will also let you know your credit score and ways you can improve it over time. There are many great lenders in this area and they would all be willing to spend the necessary time to help you. I commend you on wanting to improve it, best of luck to you!
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Fri Oct 1, 2010
Visit with any qualified loan officer(s) first, see if you qualify for a mortgage, how much and have your credit score checked, as their scoring is often different--if your credit needs improvement your loan officer may suggest great ways to improve it in the fastest time--after reviewing your overall financials, your loan officer can make a determination as to qualification--then go from there.