If my credit is below average and I have enough to purchase a home,would that be sufficient or would I need to better my credit score ?

Asked by Trace Murphy, Birmingham, AL Tue Apr 16, 2013

Answers

6
Jessica Bate…, Agent, Beverly Hills, CA
Sat Jul 18, 2015
You'll need a 580 credit score to qualify for an FHA Loan. The Lenders Network is a great place to find lenders that work with all types of credit scores.
Michael Kahn, Agent, Tampa, FL
Thu Oct 23, 2014
The credit score only comes into play when you are applying for a mortgage.

If you have enough cash to purchase the home outright then you will often have leverage when negotiating the price.
Ann Ryan, Agent, Doral, FL
Tue Apr 16, 2013
Trace, cash buyers are common in Florida (particularly in South Florida!) You may need to be a bit cautious regarding home owner associations, who may want a higher credit score.
K.C. Jones, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Irving, TX
Tue Apr 16, 2013
We're able to finance FHA (3.5% down) loans in Oklahoma for folks with middle credit scores as low as 580. Feel free to apply online at http://www.rhlapps.com/kjones or give me a call.

K.C. Jones
RH Lending
214-432-0486
kjones@rhlending.com
I was there looking after proposing to my fiancee,her and I went looking at home,I was sooo thrilled in buying one for us but it ended in breaking up,I,myself still want a house but have a few things to handle in NY but will very soon.3.5 % sounds great,after I put down that amount or higher,what's the next step,can you provide more and I love to keep you in contact as my agent if it's alright with your support,I'm still browsing for optional homes,I'm picky !!!...LOL
Flag Tue Apr 16, 2013
Trace Murphy, Home Buyer, Birmingham, AL
Tue Apr 16, 2013
I believe it's alittle over it .thanks a bunch
Curly Sue, , Texas
Tue Apr 16, 2013
What is your score? If it's over 580 you have hope for a FHA loan.