If money was no object, which Miami neighborhood would you choose to live in, and why?

Asked by Thomas Peason, San Francisco, CA Mon Sep 24, 2012

Answers

13
Jose L. Hernandez’s answer
Jose L. Hern…, Agent, Coral Gables, FL
Mon Sep 24, 2012
If I was to choose a neighborhood to live in Miami I would choose:

For a young and single person or a yourng couple the Brickell Area close to Mary Brickell. This area has nignt live and restaurants, and just walking thru the neigborhood is nice.

For a family with children the Pinecrest and Coral Gables area has great neighborhoods, schools are close by and playgrounds and restaurants are near by also.

If money was no object.
Jose Guzman, Agent, Aventura, FL
Fri Sep 28, 2012
Cocoplum would be a great place.
Luis Iglesias, Agent, Coral Gables, FL
Fri Oct 5, 2012
Thomas,

There are many wonderful neighborhoods in Miami that would be great to call home. Some of the better market areas to consider are:

Coral Gables
Coconut Grove
Pinecrest
Miami Beach
Key Biscayne

Now, if you want to get specific, some commmunities to consider would be:

Gables Estates
Old Cutler Bay
Cocoplum
Tahiti Beach
The Moorings
Star Island
Palm Island
Hibiscus Island
Indian Creek
Ventian Islands

Feel free to vist my website for a list of all these communities, homes currently on the market, and many more options.

Luis Iglesias
D & I International Realty
Principal Broker
(786) 395-0341
luis@luisiglesias.net
http://www.luisiglesias.net
Brad Golik, Agent, Portland, OR
Fri Sep 28, 2012
If money was no object...
Then perhaps an additional condo ( after you buy your Florida place) in Portland's Pearl District...recently ranked #5 for hippest places to live by Forbes.
After all, how much beautiful sunshine can one person take?

Brad Golik
Windermere NW Real Estate
pdxluxcondos@gmail.com
Ann Ryan, Agent, Doral, FL
Wed Sep 26, 2012
If money was no object, I'd likely choose one of the small, older houses in Coral Gables. I like old, quirky architecture, and old trees. It's close to nice restaurants and shops, and it's very walkable. Also, it's relatively central, and easy to get almost anywhere from there.
Carlos Tamayo, , Miami, FL
Mon Sep 24, 2012
Man! Tough Question, and GREAT answers.......Because there are so many diverse choices, Condo or Home, City or Suburbs.....

For me (I'm 33 my Wife is 26 and no plan for kids at the moment) I would say a Penthouse in the Brickell Area.

It's trendy, in the middle of town, fantastic condos next to the bay, there's still plans to expand and it "could" be sort of a Magnificent Mile in Chicago type of Area.

Carlos Tamayo
Premier Properties
305.213.3398
carlostamayo@kw.com
Tamika Moses, Agent, Pembroke Pines, FL
Mon Sep 24, 2012
Hi Thomas,
For me it would be Golden Beach. I was born and raised in South Florida and I have seen all of the great neighborhoods, from Pinecrest, Coral Gables, Fisher Island, Star Island etc, but my favorite is the Golden Beach area. Not only is the beach your very own backyard, you are still close to restaurant in Sunny Isles, the shopping mall, while you still have the privacy of Golden Beach. It is a tight community between Dade and Broward County on the beach side, and who wouldn't want to wake up looking at the beautiful blue sea.

Tamika Moses
KellerWilliams Realty Partners SW
954-404-4646
tmrealtor@yahoo.com
Giselle Muñ…, Agent, Coral Gables, FL
Mon Sep 24, 2012
Golden Beach, where the ocean is your back yard!
Giselle Perez
The Keyes Co.; REALTORS
Coral Gables Branch
giselleperezpa@gmail.com
305-776-1952
Scott Mees, Agent, Palmetto Bay, FL
Mon Sep 24, 2012
Hello Thomas,

You have asked a tough question! Miami has some of the finest and most expensive communities in the world and is considered to be the Riviera of the US. With all the fine dining and shopping for even the most discerning connoisseur, Miami has it all. That being said, it would really depend on the lifestyle I was seeking. For example, if I wanted to live in an exquisite, but less trendy location I would choose the Gables Estates community in Coral Gables. If I wanted a more trendy place to live I would choose Miami Beach as it tends to cater to a more chic and ultra trendy crowd. Key Biscayne is another fabulous community with lots of luxury home and fine dining and shopping, but not as expansive a selection as Coral Gables or Miami Beach. So to answer your question as to where I would choose to live, I would have to choose Gables Estates in Coral Gables as I find it to have the best of everything I want without any extremes and just a lot of class. Of course my home would be right on the ocean with no bridges and my 100' yacht parked out back for a quick trip to the Bahamas or anywhere else I want to venture off to.

If you have any questions or need any advice please contact me and I'll be glad to help you. You can also check out my website and take a look at all the communities I just mentioned. Anyhow, here's to money being no object!

Cheers!

Scott Mees
786-443-0404 http://www.scottmees.com
9360 Sunset Dr.
Miami, FL 33173
Jorge Zubiza…, Agent, Doral, FL
Mon Sep 24, 2012
I would choose were I live right now Doral it has great Restaurants, the schools are some of the best
in the county, the golf courses, and best of all our city officials who actually lowered taxes last year.

And so much more for in Doral Properties please feel free to contact me:

Jorge Zubizarreta REO,CDPE,CHMS,e-PRO
REO Dept/ Short Sale Negotiator
Realtor / Real Estate Consultant
Atlantic & Pacific Real Estate (US)LLC

10307 NW 56 ST.
Doral, Fl 33178

(786)294-8697 Cell
(888)856-6829 Fax
zubihomes@gmail.com
http://FreeSouthFloridaProperties.info
Ivan Castillo, Agent, Miami, FL
Mon Sep 24, 2012
Hello Thomas,

I choose Coral Gables when we are talking about the Miami Area. Because I'm in my late 50's and can still mow the lawn I still prefer a home. WHen the day comes I'm not so active I probably buy a condo where all the maintenance is inlcuded.

WHy (not in order of preference)

Coral Gables is a very secure area with its own police.
The Majority of the homes are older but beautiful in design and very well maintained.
The schools are some of the best in the state.
It is close to the University and close to Beaches and all the events Maimi has to offer.
It is a great place to raise a family in a secure environment. You can walk around without fear of getting mugged!
Has excellent shopping facilities.
Because of its location it is a few degrees cooler than directly in Miami.
A lot of tropical climate plants and trees.

Regards
Ivan
CSM(R) USA
Real Estate Agent
Beth Jenkins, Agent, Miami Lakes, FL
Mon Sep 24, 2012
Hi Thomas,
What a question!! It is such a diverse area and each has its own flavor. BUT, I will have to go with the beach areas, either South Beach, North Beach or Sunny Isles. Each area has restaurants and shops to walk to with great condos or Villas on the ocean. I feel Sunny Isles has come such a long way as far as spectacular buildings and the location which allows you to travel to Ft. Lauderdale or South Beach within 20-30 minutes.

I hope that helps, but you may very well get 20 different opinions here from the locals! Feel free to contact me for any assistance or advice.

Beth Jenkins
South Florida Brokers
786-374-4778
bethjenk1@gmail.com
Pablo Torres, Agent, Miami, FL
Mon Sep 24, 2012
Hello Thomas,

I would pick Key Biscayne because of good schools, low taxes, low crime rate and higher appreciation for your real estate investment per household.

It is a small island community with its own police force and fire department. The beaches are excellent.

If you need anything else, please feel free to contact me.

Pablo Torres
AF Realty,LLC
Pabtorres@af-realty.com
786-205-6988
http://www.miamibuyproperties.com