If looking to sell, is June too late to list in downtown Jersey City?

Asked by jerseygirl, Jersey City, NJ Wed May 22, 2013

If looking to sell, is June too late to list in downtown Jersey City? I've heard May is the market peak, but we'd like to upgrade. Not sure if we should jump in now or wait it out another year.

Answers

14
Karina Abad, Agent, Hoboken, NJ
Wed May 22, 2013
Hi jerseygirl, June is definitely not too late. There is so much pent up demand and downtown Jersey City in particular does not have enough inventory to meet demand.

Hopefully your property has some good selling points but if you price it accordingly and have a great agent on your side you should be able to negotiate top dollar today, tomorrow or in June.

If you're looking to buy in this market keep in mind it is competitive and you may need to make alternative living arrangements of where you can live temporarily until you finalize your purchase.

OR another option would be to negotiate favorable terms for you with your future buyer so that you can stay in the property after you close for a predetermined amount of time that is ok with both of you.

Is your condo a three bedroom by chance? I had a buyer recently win a bidding war in which there were 16 other offers.

And I can tell you that I personally have 4 new buyers all looking in downtown jersey city, I am sure that the agents on this board also have buyer's looking. So you see, now is a great time to sell your property.

Hope that helps and best of luck!
Marco Tartag…, Agent, JERSEY CITY, NJ
Wed May 22, 2013
Hi Jersey Girl. The markets hot and inventory is low so it's a great time to list. Now, every home and listing is different so I would recommend having a real estate professional come to your home and determine whether or not you should list now or hold off a little longer

Marco Tartaglia
Boutique Realty
974-222-1123
Marco@boutiquerealtynj.com
Web Reference:  http://Boutiquerealty.com
Saquib Rahim, Agent, Jersey City, NJ
Fri Jul 5, 2013
Hi Jerseygirl,

Now it is July, the price is going up even further compared to May. If you are thinking about selling your place, this year definitely is a very good time. This year buyers are still taking advantage from low mortgage rate, although it is climbing. I heard from Fed bank that they will keep it low until next year. There are a lof of uncertainties when the rate goes up.

In your case, in the market today, your house will get sold very quickly even if you don't upgrade it. Just keep it very clean and organized when you start showing buyers.

Act fast whatever decision you have made!

Diana
ARTHUR J KAU…, Agent, Jersey City, NJ
Sat Jun 1, 2013
Hello Jerseygirl, This is actually an excellent time to list. Activity has been exceptional and inventory has been extremely limited. Thus we are seeing multiple offers on many properties. Give me a call and we can discuss it further. --Art Kaufman
Emil Veltre, Agent, Clearwater Beach, FL
Sat Jun 1, 2013
Hey Jersey Girl!

Well, it's June 1st. I feel that there is no time like the present to make a move if you are looking to upgrade. To clarify that statement....Your decision should be based on a number of factors including needs and financial sin emotion.

If you are looking to sell and upgrade, and this makes the most sense for you then you should move forward with that decision. The market is definitely HOT! and no one can guarantee how long it will continue, however, as I said before your decision should be based on facts. Does it make sense for you to sell right now.

I would love to help guide you through this process and provide you with any information that you need to make the best decision for you. Please give me a call at 973.868.4034 or email me at EmilVeltre@aol.com.

Have a GREAT day!

Emil

Emil Veltre, RPh, MS, CDPE
Realtor Associate
Liberty Realty

Mobile: 973.868.4034
Email: EmilVeltre@aol.com
Website: http://www.EmilVeltre.com
Dan Voronin, Agent, Jersey city, NJ
Sat May 25, 2013
Hi home seller I have plenty of buyers looking to buy in downtown area, you welcome to contact me 9179163399 Dan Voronin for more info . have good one
Dennis Evans, Agent, Clifton Park, NY
Thu May 23, 2013
Hello Jerseygirl,
June is a good time to list as you still have a great selling season ahead....
As a matter of fact, Homes sell all year long... the main issues is to have the property prepared for a sale and put the right price on it!
Kathleen Con…, Agent, Hoboken, NJ
Thu May 23, 2013
Hi Jerseygirl,
The 1st step most sellers like to take is to find out what their homes would sell for & then what to list it for. For this information, an agent with experience in the area will be very helpful. From there you can decide what's best for you.
There is quite a bit of demand now in Downtown Jersey City.

Feel free to call or email for help with the above, Best of Luck!
Josie LoPicc…, Agent, Jersey City, NJ
Wed May 22, 2013
Dear home buyer,
We are in an interesting real estate market. It has been a sellers market since about the end of February of this year. Since then, there has been a shortage of inventory and a plethora of buyers. Why so many buyers? Low mortgage interest rates and that makes it attractive for first time buyers who are looking for homes. Why aren't sellers selling? Although low supply and high demand cause prices to increase, there are homeowners who are sitting on their property because they think they can get more of a return in the future. My suggestion to you is to answer this question: what's important for you and your family? If moving to an upgraded place is more important, then selling is a good idea. However, bear in mind, you will be competing with lots of buyers. Some areas are more aggressive then others ie. Downtown JC. If you are looking in this area, be prepared to go above asking price. If you will be selling, and your home is listed competitively, you will attract lots of buyers and should be ready to choose the highest and best offer given to you. That said, choosing the agent who you would like to represent you is crucial. I would love the opportunity for you to interview me. Thank you.

Josie from Downtown Jersey City, Weichert Realtors
DowntownJosieCity@gmail.com
Diane Maxon, Agent, Jersey City, NJ
Wed May 22, 2013
Without knowing what your apartment is like it is hard to say how quickly it will sell. However there really is a lack of inventory in Downtown right now and apartments tend to sell very quickly. If your apartment is in reasonably good shape, I don't think there should be any problem with listing it in June.

Let me know if I can be of any further help.
Mark Finne, Agent, Jersey City, NJ
Wed May 22, 2013
If you list wish me, whenever you're ready is a good time...
Susan Paerels, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Manahawkin, NJ
Wed May 22, 2013
Hi JerseyGirl,

Downtown JC is HOT right now - inventory is low.

If you need a reference on a good Realtor, let me know

Warm Regards,

Susan Paerels
Sr. Loan Originator
NMLS: 340466
Mortgage Associates
NMLS: 178928
36-42 Newark St. Suite 201
The Clam Broth Building
Hoboken, NJ 07030

The Hassle Free Mortgage!

201-208-5699 c - best number
201-653-0077 o
201-710-5569 f
Thia Rentas, Agent, Hoboken, NJ
Wed May 22, 2013
Hi jerseygirl,
It's not "too late" to list but the market does tend to slow down during July/August. Keep in mind, inventory is very low, so if you're priced right, you should have no issues selling now. If you prefer to wait for the next peak period, that would be in September. Please let me know if I can answer any additional questions/concerns. My e-mail address is: thia@yourrealtorthia.com. Best of luck to you!
Victor Rezab…, Agent, Jersey City, NJ
Wed May 22, 2013
Hello -

Inventory is low so in my opinion any time to sell is great.

What is that your trying to sell? Condo or single/multi family house? I work for a REIT that purchases properties cash with fair offers. Call me at 917.209.9391 if your interested. Thank You!