Chaitra, Home Buyer in Brighton, MA

If am not looking to spend more 3000/month on payments, what price range should I be looking at to buy a condo?

Asked by Chaitra, Brighton, MA Tue Feb 4, 2014

Answers

7
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Tue Feb 4, 2014
Too many financials missing for an answer; however be aware that a mortgage pre-approval letter is required in order to determine your price range and for any offers to be taken seriously, therefore for a personalized answer visit with any licensed loan officer; don't simpply rely on speculation...
Michael McCa…, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Boston, MA
Fri Mar 14, 2014
Hi Chaitra,

If you're looking in Brighton your condo fees will be in the $250-$450 range in most cases. If you look in the $425K range your taxes will be around $400/mo give or take. Depending on credit score even a 5% down payment could put you under $3,000. We even offer 3% down programs that will likely have your payment below $3,000. Feel free to give me a call if you have any questions, my office is located on E Broadway in South Boston so I know the local market very well. I hope this helps!
, ,
Wed Mar 12, 2014
It really can vary.
I would be happy to discuss and go over numbers with you. Some key factors are the type of financing you obtain as well as taxes and condo fees. ..and of course how much you are willing to put down.
We are national bank with a myriad of programs to suit your needs. Please feel free to call for a pre qualification anytime 617-480-6945.
CH Naamad, Agent, Boston, MA
Tue Feb 11, 2014
This depends on how much money you are looking to put as a down payment. The amount of the down payment will depend on your credit, your income, and the property itself.
I could help you more if I know more about what you are looking for and where.
Please visit our site for what is available on the market in the Boston area, link below.
Zachary Sanf…, Agent, Nashua, NH
Tue Feb 11, 2014
Rough guestimate would be around $275,000 - $325,000. As other people have said, many factors...taxes, condo fee, money down, interest rate, credit rating etc etc.
James Furlong, Agent, Brookline, MA
Sat Feb 8, 2014
Get in touch with a mortgage broker and determine what your particular circumstances allow. There are a lot of variables that the broker will work through with you. Before you make an offer on a condo you will need to be equipped with a "pre-approval letter" from your lender - without this your offer will go nowhere. I would go so far as to say if your real estate agent proceeds with your offer without a pre-approval letter or proof-of-funds - well, it's time to change real estate agents!
Michael Swan…, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Charlotte, NC
Tue Feb 4, 2014
I would say $350,000 depending on what the taxes/HOA dues are.