If I was looking to buy a single family home in Saint Cloud, what locations would I want to look in and which would I want to avoid?

Asked by Danile, Saint Cloud, MN Mon Oct 8, 2012

Answers

6
Aaron Trompe…, Agent, Saint Cloud, MN
Mon Jan 14, 2013
Hi, Danile.

This is a question with no answer. Avoid the areas you don't like and look closely at the areas you do like. Legally, we--agents--can't tell you where to avoid.

I just have my clients drive a neighborhood after they identify a house they like in my e-mails. If they like the neighborhood then we look at the house. That's basically it.

--Aaron
Aaron Trompe…, Agent, Saint Cloud, MN
Fri Dec 7, 2012
Thinking about your question again, I would figure out what you want to do as far as life-style, and then go from there.

For instance: if you are young and have a night life still, then purchase a home near down town so you can walk from the taverns or arena.

If you have children, then live near a park or school.

If you commute to the cities, let's find you a home over by HWY 10 or St. Joe.

The point is, the house must fit your life needs.
Aaron Trompe…, Agent, Saint Cloud, MN
Wed Oct 10, 2012
Hi, Danielle. The best answer is to get out there and look around. If you like a neighborhood, and if there are homes available, look at them.

What you want from a home is individual preference and individual need.

Your question seems easy enough, but the topic can get lengthy. Give me a call if you care to have the conversation and look at homes in your neighborhood of preference.
Elizabeth Fu…, Agent, Wayzata, MN
Mon Oct 8, 2012
If I were looking for a property in St Cloud or anywhere else I would start with a realtor, someone who understands what I want, what is important to me. Then, my realtor would take me to representative homes around and in St Cloud. I would get the feel of areas, check how far things I love to do or places I often go would be from my potential new house and neighborhood. My realtor would keep me up to date about properties that I could really buy and live in and enjoy. He or she would make sure that I had a possible mortgage loan or other financing or cash in place to use to buy my property...so, why don't you do that? Get yourself a personal representative, someone with a depth of knowledge about the town, let your rep get to know you, take a ride and let him or her see what really makes you feel at home....Remember, it costs you nothing and gets you real, right now information and puts you in the right place at the right time...Liz 612-986-4105
Michael Emery, , Minneapolis, MN
Mon Oct 8, 2012
Agents are forbidden by law to 'steer' you towards or away specific neighborhoods, regardless of the buyers desire or motivation.

If you are concerned about crime in a certain neighborhood, you can check with the St. Cloud police for crime statistics.
Tim Dieteric…, Agent, Maple Grove, MN
Mon Oct 8, 2012
I would suggest that you investigate the information provided at the city offices and find which areas that would fit your needs as a home owner. Then I would ask a realtor to show you homes in the areas that you have decided on.