If I wanted to buy a "fixer-upper", where could I find out about government sponsored programs that fund or provide credit to home-buyers like me?

Asked by Brian Rayman, Brooklyn, NY Thu Jul 25, 2013

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Dana Lindberg, Both Buyer And Seller, Phoenix, AZ
Sat Oct 26, 2013
Search the internet or talk to a local lender.

Buy a fixer-upper, as is, or a foreclosure with FHA 203k loan and turn it into your dream home. For more details about 203k loan, visit http://www.cfs203k.com. CFS Mortgage and RenovationReady brings together more than 50 years of traditional and renovation lending know-how.
0 votes
Mitchell Fel…, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Thu Jul 25, 2013
Dear Brian:

Speak to a couple of mortgage bankers and brokers to get better answers. You can also try doing some research on Google. You can also contact me direct and with more information, I can try to lend you a helping hand. Either way, good luck!

Mitchell S. Feldman
Associate Broker/ Director of Sales/ e-Pro Realtor
Fillmore Real Estate
Office: (718) 252-2000/ Cell: (917) 805-0783
Email: MitchellSFeldman@aol.com
0 votes
Kathryn Lilly, Agent, New York, NY
Thu Jul 25, 2013
There are no "Government Sponsored Programs" for private home buyers/owners.
The only show in town for buying a fixer-upper is a 203K FHA loan. If you Google 203K FHA you will find a lot of information about the program. both the Federal Government web site (FHA) as well as many Banks that process the loans.
Kathryn Lilly, Broker
Realty on the Greene, LLC
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more