Home Buying in 90280>Question Details

Yao Fang, Home Buyer in 90280

If I sign an agreement with you to negotiate the purchase of a property for me in South Gate 90280, can you

Asked by Yao Fang, 90280 Fri Oct 3, 2008

find a better price, even if it is a fixer-upper, at an auction or via ANOTHER BROKER'S listing?

Help the community by answering this question:


Dyanna’s answer
I have an office in South Gate and know the area well. As realtors our job is to find a property and negotiate the best deal for you, the client. Now if you want to go to an auction, the guidelines are different there. There is usually a minimum bid that the bank is looking for and won't sell if it doesn't get to that price. A realtors job at that point is to make sure that all documents needed are delivered to you the buyer and that everything is in order, the purchase price is up to the auction and bank.

Please let me know if I can be of help to you.

Good Luck!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 3, 2008
Thanks for your question. The agreement that you sign as a buyer is a Buyer Broker Representation Agreement. The agreement allows the Realtor to represent you as your agent in the purchase of a property.

The Realtor's job is to find the property and negotiate the best price and terms for you. In most cases the property that you buy will NOT be listed by the Realtor's broker, but by another broker. If you want your Realtor to represent you at an auction, then I recommend discussing that with the Realtor during your preliminary consultation.

Best of luck!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 3, 2008
Keith Sorem, Real Estate Pro in Glendale, CA
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer