If I own a property just as a vacation home are annual charges still due to city ?

Asked by Arron Peters, Mon Sep 8, 2008

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Michelle Gor…, Agent, Ada, MI
Tue Sep 9, 2008
Arron, in Michigan if you own a primary residence elsewhere you will owe what they call non-homestead taxes. This RAISES the amount of property taxes about 40%.
0 votes
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Mon Sep 8, 2008

Yes, we agree with the previous posters. You would be responsible for the annual charges even though your usage is for rental purposes.
0 votes
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Mon Sep 8, 2008
Yes you are held responsible for any fees owed to city same as a homeowner who lives in the property 365 days out of year. GREAT QUESTION
http://www.lynn911.com http://www.homes-for-sale-dallas.com
Web Reference:  http://www.lynn911.com
0 votes
Derek Bauer, Agent, South Lyon, MI
Mon Sep 8, 2008
Hello, Arron.

I see you are writing from the UK ... glad to see so many folks interested in R/E in the states now!

I believe you are asking do you have to pay property taxes for a holiday home? The answer is, YES. One is not exempt from paying property taxes (I suppose some exceptions can be argued like certain inner-city zones, etc., but surely not many). It is a fantastic time to buy here, and hopefully we can call you neighbor soon.

Thanks for writing!
Web Reference:  http://www.DoorToDreams.com
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more