If I'm a buyer using an agent does that agent become entitled to a commission, the minute they forward a ljsting to me, assuming I buy that

Asked by Bowie, Connecticut Wed Jun 20, 2012

property? In other words, at what point does my agent become entitled to a comm? When she takes me to the house, when she makes an offer on my behalf? If I have 2 brokers sending listings, are they both entitled to a comm, again assuming I buy the property.

Answers

7
Minna Reid, Agent, Woodbridge, CT
Fri Jun 22, 2012
Your contract with your buyers broker details when you owe that agent a commission.
Web Reference:  http://www.homesbyminna.com
Annette Law…, Agent, Palm Harbor, FL
Thu Jun 21, 2012
There is WAY to much that is unknown regarding your intentions.
As others have stated, real estate professionals are only compensated when a sale is successfully accomplished. Perhaps, at some time in the future, buyers will be required to pay up front for home locations services. That, very likely would solve the 2 brokers sending me listings conflict.

'Assuming I buy the property" what is missing from this segment is 'though agent of my choice."

""At what point is my agent entitled"" why are they not entitled the MOMENT you elected to use their services? The only time an agent would not be entitled is if indeed a satisfactory piece of real estate could not be found. What other industry allows you to use their resources without at least appling a trip or consultation charge?

It appears insincere intentions have placed you into a situation where justification of your action is to be defended in an waterfall of words, also known as 'the law.'

It needs to be asked, "Are you intending to use a real estate professional in purchasing real estate?"
If yes, then it's time to make up your mind. Say yes to one and leave the other behind.
What, I repeat, is your intention?
, ,
Thu Jun 21, 2012
You should only work with the realtor you trust the most.

Jim Simms
NMLS # 6395
JSimms@cmcloans.com
Financing Kentucky One Home at a Time
David Carr, Agent, North Haven, CT
Thu Jun 21, 2012
The agent earns a fee when you close. Ct Agentsare required by law to sign an agreement to represent your interests or have you sign off as an unrepresented party. You can cancel a buyer broker agreement in writing for specific non performance. Properties you saw together may be exempt from cancellation. You can see all properties on my website for free.

You should be preapproved for a mortgage before you shop for a home, which you can do for free over the phone through my Coldwell Banker Loan Officer

Since 1996 I have exclusively represented Buyers or Sellers of Real Property in the New Haven and Fairfield Counties of Southern Connecticut. I have successfully managed and/or marketed purchase and /or sales transactions in the following areas of specialty. Single Family, Multi Family, Investment, Land with As Builts, Market Analysis with Broker Price Opinions (98% List to Sell Ratio) Bank Owned Property Asset Manager, Short Sale Expediter

As a Full time REALTOR®, I provide people Licensed Buyer Agent Representation, enhanced by my previous experience, the Coldwell Banker organization, and my unwavering commitment to you. I work full-time to assure your success in the local real estate market.

As your Licensed Buyer Agent I will:
a) Represent your best interests at all times.
b) Keep your financial and negotiating positions confidential.
c) Help you buy the best home at the best comparable price. Your offer to purchase will be supported by my essential market value analysis.
d) Help you negotiate the home inspection and required notifications.
e) Update you on all NEW MLS properties available, regardless of seller.
f) Arrange all showings so you don't have to deal with other agents.
g) Help you complete Sales Agreements and associated documents to manage your transaction seamlessly. The terms we propose will be unique to your situation and will support your best interests.
Lisa George, Agent, Pittsburgh, PA
Wed Jun 20, 2012
The short answer is no. The seller pays both agents' commission out of the proceeds from the sale. Sometimes that does mean a higher sales price overall, sometimes not. Each sale is different. You will not have to take money out of our pocket as a buyer to pay any agent directly unless you have agreed to do that.
Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Wed Jun 20, 2012
First thing is no one is entitles to a commission for just sending you listings, it is the one who physically shows you the property. Secondly and most important you really want only 1 agent to work with, a good buyer broker giving you 100% is better than many agents only giving you 10%.
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Wed Jun 20, 2012
Consider working with one agent, don't waste others' valuable time, gas, energy, etc.; consider having the commission discussion with your agent of choice....