If I list my house with a local broker will it appear on trulia?

Asked by Cary R, Highland Park, IL Wed Apr 17, 2013

Answers

12
Paul Cionczyk, Agent, GLENVIEW, IL
Wed Apr 24, 2013
It depends on the broker and how they list the home. I've seen many small companies show up just fine, but others don't show up at all. Being with Coldwell Banker, all of our home listings go on the major sites. Check with whomever you interview to list your house.

Paul Cionczyk| Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage |Broker
312-433-9931 | PaulCionczyk.Broker@gmail.com |PaulCionczyk.com
Annette Law…, Agent, Palm Harbor, FL
Fri Apr 19, 2013
Cary,
It depends on the BROKER!
-
If the broker is a member of the MLS, the possibly increases.
-
If the broker is willing to subject homeowner listing to misdirecting information found on Zillow and Truiloa, the possibly increases.
-
If the broker maintains that integrity of data, accurate, timely, comprehensive data supported by professionals who are held accountable for the data, you may find keeping your home OUT of aggregate websites but in the MLS (where the real buyers are) is the MOST responsible action.
-
Where does Trulia say they get their listing data? Listhub. Listhub imposes restrictions on what data can be corrected, therefore sustaining the misdirection and incorrect data that is rampant.
-
Real buyers, the ones who are serious and qualified to buy, get their actionalble data from the MLS...not aggregare websites.
-
Ask your agent or broker how many buyers who get al ltheir data from these sites actually buy. You will find the "Your home must be seen EVERYWHERE" is the mantra of folks who have something to sell.

Best of success to you,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, FL
727.420.4041
http://RealEstateMadeEZ.us
Gary Geer, Agent, Antioch, IL
Fri Apr 19, 2013
Cary,
Yes it can be listed on Trulia. If you want to have your home on Trulia, tell your agent this is a must in order to get the listing. Then follow up to see that it was done.

Gary Geer
Results Realty USA
Bud Zeller, Agent, Folsom, CA
Fri Apr 19, 2013
I should be in their data.
Melissa Goss, , Center Moriches, NY
Fri Apr 19, 2013
Your agent should be able to post it on this site. Ask them to see if they have an account
Pam Devendorf, Agent, Highland Park, IL
Fri Apr 19, 2013
Hi Cary,
Good NEWS for Trulia! On March 7th, 2013, Trulia signed an agreement with MLS (Multiple Listing Service) that they will now get their Real Estate info/Lisitings LIVE! Before, it could take 2-6 weeks for the info to be updated on Trulia. There can be a one hour delay when the listing is activated.
For new clients (buyers & sellers) I am offering a home warranty up to $450. I will be hosting an Open House this Sunday, April 21st: 1243 RIDGEWOOD DRIVE, HIGHLAND PARK, Il, 1 - 3 PM if you would like to stop by and interview me. Take Care, ~Pam
John Walin, Agent, Libertyville, IL
Fri Apr 19, 2013
Normally there is a box in the MLS that when checked means "internet all" Or a box that says MLS only. I recommend checking the internet all and not to allow comments box to be added.
Michele Wils…, Agent, Lake Forest, IL
Thu Apr 18, 2013
This is a good question to ask your agent. Most listings will eventually appear on Trulia. However,
some agents (like us) pay to have enhanced positions and additional photos on the internet.
You want the maximum exposure for your property to get the best price and terms on a sale.
If you need more information on marketing your home for maximum impact, give us a call.
Michael Hope, Agent, Highland Park, IL
Thu Apr 18, 2013
Hi Cary
By listing your home with myself and my office, Coldwell Banker in Highland Park, your home's listing will automatically show up on all the major real estate web-sites, including Trulia, Zillow, Realtor.com, Coldwellbankeronline.com, etc. Wherever people are looking for homes on line, they will find yours!
Mike
Scott Rose, Agent, Highland Park, IL
Wed Apr 17, 2013
Cary,
Not only does your property show up on Trulia but if you list with a Coldwell Banker agent, you will find your property on Coldwell Banker, Coldwell Banker online, Zillow, WSJ, Front Door, Open House, Aol, Yahoo, and many others. Get the advantage of getting the word out and if you list with me you will also be on http://www.scottrosehomes.com. We get the word out and get the job done! In any case...good luck!

Scott
Osh Nissan, Agent, Evanston, IL
Wed Apr 17, 2013
Cary,
The data feed from the MLS (Multiple Listing Service) does end up getting mapped into Trulia. This method show the listing, but doesn't showcase it. I and some other brokers are premium subscribers. We pay a fee to Trulia so that our listings appear at the top of search results. If you are searching for a broker, I would be happy to discuss how I and my team blend traditional, web-based, and mobile media advertising to maximize your home's exposure to buyers.
Tom Sommers, Agent, Lakeville, MN
Wed Apr 17, 2013
Yes if you are working with an agent that follows up on Trulia and makes sure your home is listed and all of the photos have been uploaded. They want to claim the listing in their name because it increases the chances of a buyer contacting them directly.

Best of luck,
Tom