Home Buying in Atlanta>Question Details

Asteraceae, Other/Just Looking in Atlanta, GA

If I list and sell my house, what, if any, fees am I required to pay by Fulton County and the state of Georgia?

Asked by Asteraceae, Atlanta, GA Tue May 21, 2013

Have you already done an appraisal on the home?
My real estate person is charging me fees for th buyer and seller. I live in texas this correct ? She said the percentage will be 6%
When selling your home there are some fees that's negotiable between the buyer and seller. Other fees such as, transfer tax, past due property taxes,liens, water & sewer bills and overdue home association fees are to be paid by the seller. As of January 1, 2007, the Seller is no longer required to provide or pay for a prelisting termite letter, nor provide a clear termite letter at closing unless all parties agree in writing. However, I recommend that the seller have a termite inspection prior to listing, and treat, repair or disclose any problems. Closing cost can be paid by the seller or buyer, but it can also be negotiated at the time of contract. I hope this information have been helpful. Any further questions please contact me. I will be happy to provide a free Comparative Market Analysis if you decide to sell your home.

Gwen Harvey
Solid Source Realty GA'
770 475-1130 Ext 6104
Hi Asteraceae,

Ordinarily the seller would pay the transfer tax, depending on the time of the year you may also pay what property taxes you owe up until your closing date, also the seller pays the brokerage commission. Typically most sellers end up paying a portion of the buyers closing cost as well. However seeing as we are in a sellers market here in Atlanta depending on the location and pricing strategy of your home you may not have too. But I advise to always expect too.

If you have any questions or would like a market analysis of your home please feel free to contact me anytime.

Tyler Willis, REALTOR®
Keller Williams Realty Intown Atlanta
621 North Ave NE, Suite C-50
Atlanta, GA 30308
Office: (404)541-3500
Direct: (678)656-5524
Give me a call or email, I would be more than happy to conduct a free Market Analysis of your Home and Provide and Seller's Estimated Net which would include an estimate of fees/expenses from the Sell of Your Home as well as your "walk away money". 404-626-8567 brandon@bjarealty.com