Home Buying in 60538>Question Details

Harley, Home Buyer in 60538

If I had a contract to purchase a property and the seller never met the closing terms causing me to back out of the contract after 4 months of

Asked by Harley, 60538 Sat Jun 12, 2010

waiting can I pursue a cival suit for breach of contract?

Help the community by answering this question:


Depends on your contract--review the document as the answer will more than like be in there--or consult with an attorney who specializes in real estate, have all documentation reviewed and see exactly what options you may have and then go from there--most professionals do offer a free consultation.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Jun 12, 2010
You will need to make sure the contract was in writing and signed by both parties. you will have to show what they breached and have proof of it. Your best bet is to meet with a real estate attorney for at least the first free meeting and get some direction. Make sure you keep all your records and write down a timeline of what happended. good luck working things out
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Jun 12, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer