I would like to relocate from PA and was wondering if there is any down payment assistance available? I am not a first time home owner.

Asked by Relocating Pa To Ga, Gwinnett County, GA Fri Sep 9, 2011

Answers

6
Pat A Fergus…, Agent, Lilburn, GA
Wed Sep 14, 2011
What county do you want to live in?
Solomon Gree…, Agent, Duluth, GA
Sat Sep 10, 2011

Yes, programs are available to non first time home buyers if they are not CURRENTLY on title to any property AND meet certain income and credit requirements. Gwinnett County offers up to $22,500 in down payment assistance, interest and monthly payment free through an interest and monthly payment-free second mortgage. Buyers are eligible for either the $14,500 program (which is forgiven in five years) or the full $22,500 (forgiven in ten years). Eligible properties are limited to those that are owned by the county, completely renovated and put back on the market. Buyers will be asked to contribute 1% of the purchase price in earnest money, but these properties have been beautifully restored and the down payment assistance is a nice bonus.

Then there's also the HUD-owned home program that allows buyers to buy a HUD-owned home anywhere in Gwinnett (actually Metro Atlanta) for $100-down. Please be mindful, however, that earnest money of up to $1,000 will be asked of the buyer, but $900 of those funds will be credited at settlement. Buyers are strongly urged to have their own home inspection upon notification of a winning bid because these properties, while often very nice, are sold as-is. HUD will also contribute up to 3% toward the borrower's closing costs (which is usually all of the closing costs).

Please read the blog at the link below for more information on a variety of down payment assistance programs in Metro Atlanta (yes, including Gwinnett County). I'd welcome the opportunity to speak with you. If you're not working with an agent, please call me at (678) 775-2677 for a brief discussion and important details.

Solomon Greene
REALTOR® / HUD-certified Affordable Housing Counselor - Keller Williams Realty Atlanta Partners
Steve Pate, Agent, Cumming, GA
Sat Sep 10, 2011
In addition to HUD homes, if you work an any industry involved with healthcare, education, protection, then the answer is YES! Call me for the specific programs as they are to numerous to list.
100% financing is HERE!!!
Steve Pate
678-807-0050
Felicita Bor…, , Gwinnett County, GA
Fri Sep 9, 2011

You may want to consider purchasing a HUD home. You would only need to put down $100. Please let me know if you need any assistance.

Kind Regards,

Ita Borrero
Virtual Properties Realty
770-617-3982
Rodney Mason, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Atlanta, GA
Fri Sep 9, 2011
A lot would depend on when you last owned a home and your household income. By nature, down payment assitance programs are typically restricted to first time home buyers. The definition of a first time home buyer is anyone who has not been on titlle to a proeprty in the last 36 months.

Rodney Mason, NMLS #151088
Sr Loan Officer
Prospect Mortgage
825 Juniper St NE, Atlanta, GA 30308
Office: (404) 591-2453
rodney.mason@prospectmtg.com
Apply Online at http://www.rodneymason.com
Licensed in Alabama & Georgia
Web Reference:  http://www.rodneymason.com
Diane Varner, , Lawrenceville, GA
Fri Sep 9, 2011
Yes, but only in certain counties and they do have guidelines as far as income, etc.
My contact information is
Diane Varner, Associate Broker
Team Precision Realty
770-736-1950
Web Reference:  http://www.divarner.com