I would like to know how to get listings

Asked by Jaime David Traugott, Sunny Isles, FL Thu May 8, 2014

How can I do to approach to clients considering I have my license from June 2013

Answers

10
Tammy Hayes, Agent, Port Charlotte, FL
Fri Aug 1, 2014
Referrals, post card mailings, FSBO's, Expireds, door knocking, target marketing, join clubs or organizations, open houses. Speak with your Broker to see if you can get some training or be mentored.
Vilma Chiuz, Agent, Miami, FL
Tue Jun 17, 2014
One way to get more leads is to create a FREE profile on Trulia and get it to 100%. Once your profile is created buyers have an opportunity to select you as their agent and these leads will be coming to you. If you prefer to be on more listing pages you can always buy into Trulia and create a PRO profile to appear in more listings. I have been trying it and it works!
Annette Law…, Agent, Palm Harbor, FL
Fri May 9, 2014
Jaime,
That is the secret every agent is in pursuit of.

Most folks like to chase expireds. Why? Because the MLS will automatically generate a notification, daily of listing that have expired. That makes this activity EASY. Not necessarily productive unless you put a little thought into it.

When you defined your real estate business you determined if you are in the 90 day market or in the cultivation market. One market is reliant on the Last/next principle, while the other is about enticement, nurture, educating, relationship building and a long term commitment.

Unless you KNOW what your business model is, you will not commit the resources and energy needed. Most often an agent will hedge their bets and attempt both half -heartedly, and failing on both counts.

If I were starting from scratch in Sunny Isles Beach, I would get my stats together, (see MIAM) collect BOGO coupons from six or more area merchants and introduce myself to home owners in the community you want to be the 'go-to' resource.

The conversation in which you engage will be dependent on your knowing what your business is and how your business presents the solution for the problem keeping them in their home.

Finally, that name badge that says, "My name is Jaime" makes people more friendly. Without using the words real estate agent or REALTOR, be prepared to answer, "Hey, Jaime, what do you do?"
Arturo Matta, Agent, Pompano Beach, FL
Thu Feb 19, 2015
Putting together a well thought out business plan, and executing it--which is where most fail is the key. It includes traditional (FSBO, Expired, Cold calls) and an online marketing strategy (website with IDX feeds, SEO, online portals such as Trulia/Zillow presence and marketing) are integral parts of it. Then it is the good old hard work that pays off...Hope it helps.
Henry Gevurtz, Agent, HOLLYWOOD, FL
Wed Aug 20, 2014
The strategies and activity discussed work. It is important to do them and to be consistent.
Sandra Falus, Agent, Hollywood, FL
Fri Aug 1, 2014
If you're working towards long term relationship building, what has always worked for me is to be active in the community!
Gary Hitchco…, Agent, Coral Springs, FL
Tue Jun 17, 2014
I agree wih Michael, my first listing came by knocking on a FSBO's door once a week for several months until I got it.
Michael Carp…, Agent, las cruces, NM
Tue Jun 17, 2014
I would get a market analysis together for a specific/defined farm area, get some walking shoes on and knock on doors. An approach with a multiple agenda, that your are there to help give a potential seller free info on the value of their home along with inquiring if they may know any neighbors that may like this info. Many neighborhoods have close communication and while the first door you knock on may not be ready to sign a listing agreement they can be valuable info to direct in the right path. This can also work with the buyer end of the deal too. The biggest challenge is to go knock on the door. Once you have done that know your agenda while making it as friendly and conversation like as possible. Knowing in advance what you are going to say to the potential client that answers their door while not forgetting the importance of listening.

Expired listings....knock on their door too.

I have done this and have received praise for the seller multiple times for doing so. I didn't get the listing every time but have had better response than on the phone.

I hope this helps!
Vilma Chiuz, Agent, Miami, FL
Tue Jun 17, 2014
p.s. referrals from existing clients is always a good way too!
Phil Rotondo, Agent, Melbourne, FL
Fri May 9, 2014
farming the expireds might help .