I would like to find property in Clay or calhoun county (NC). No fancy condo or resort property. Should I?

Asked by Satina Anziano, Bellows Falls, VT Thu Jan 3, 2008

No fancy condo or resort property. Should I look for a realtor, or how should I approach this? I didn't find a realtor for this area during internet search.

Answers

5
Sandy, , Hayesville, NC
Mon Jan 21, 2008
Satina,
Clay County NC is a great area to buy property-especially now. Having a realtor makes things much easier for you in the long run. In Clay County, the property you are interested in purchasing may need to be surveyed and/or tested for proper soil to accomodate a septic or well-among other things. A good realtor will know the correct procedures for this and can arrange for this quickly. It could take more time and money if you are not familiar with the correct procedures for land, property, or homes/buildings, etc...
Mike Faggard (my husband) at RE/MAX Oak Forest Realty in Hayesville can be of great assistance to you. He can even help with development, if that is in any plans. Visiting his website can give you more insight.
Hope this helps you.
Sandy-Oak Forest web maintainer
Gary Ward, Agent, Hayesville, NC
Fri Jan 16, 2009
Santina, Sandy is correct that their are many reasons to have the help of a realtor. A qualified buyers agent is a good idea, and an internet search is a great way to start. On our website you can search all the listings available in Clay County with our MLS search. It is updated daily with the latest listings. You can search by property type, and price range. That way you know before you even pick up the phone whether there is property to your liking and price range. The important thing is to go with an experienced realtor. With limited building codes, you want to be sure you buy the right property. Best to you in your search.
Mary Lynn Mc…, Agent, 30546, GA
Mon Feb 27, 2012
Satina,

While I would love to solicit you to be your REALTOR in Clay county RIGHT NOW, I think it's important that you investigate the two areas you are considering and then visit both of them, if you like both areas after some research. They are very different. I am in Clay county so I have direct knowledge of it, but not Calhoun county. Clay county - Brasstown, Warne, Hayesville - are in the mountains with Lake Chatuge, rivers, creeks, and higher elevation. Brasstown is also very close to Cherokee county, NC so I have included that as an option for your review as well.

You can see some really good stats on all three counties at the links below... you may have to cut and paste them into your browser bar on internet explorer if the link doesn't connect from here...

Calhoun County, SC http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calhoun_County,_South_Carolina

Clay County, NC http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clay_County,_North_Carolina

Cherokee County, NC http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cherokee_County,_North_Carolina

If you want a neutral place to search for property in any location, go to http://www.realtor.com and you can see all properties, as our MLS (Multiple Listing Services) overflow to this site and would cover all areas. Then, if you need a REALTOR and if you want to purchase property in Clay county, and you really do need a REALTOR as most properties are listed with REALTORS anyway - you can see that REALTORS in this area are more than willing to be available for you. You need a REALTOR who is working for your best interest as a Buyers Agent. It doesn't cost you anything, but if a REALTOR isn't working for you, they are working for the Seller.

I'm sure you can find just the right place with the help of a sincere professional. Best of luck to you and if you have any more questions, we're here for you in Clay & Cherokee counties! I am licensed in Georgia as well which is just over the line (Young Harris and Hiawassee, GA). You may want to research those areas as well as there are differences that can benefit you depending on your personal needs.

Sincere Regards,
Mary Lynn
http://www.MountainLifeNow.com
Carina Woolr…, Agent, Hayesville, NC
Thu Jan 21, 2010
Dear Satina,
I can only speak for Clay County (Hayesville, NC), it's beautiful!!! With Lake Chatuge, the Hiwassee River, the mountains and the many creeks it's an outdoor paradise. Most of our land is USFS property. We truly have 4 seasons, 3 months each. We get some snow but not too much, summer gets warm during the day but always cools down at night. The climate is great! It's remote but not too much so. You can get to Atlanta, Chattanooga and Asheville, all in 2 hours or less. Although we have some resorts and golf courses, fancy condo's and resort properties are not what we're about. We're more a cabin in the woods or on the water kind of place. We also have some of the best schools in WNC.
You definately want to work with a Realtor. For one thing, it's not going to cost you, as the buyer, any more money. In fact, it will most likely save you money. There are a lot of great buys and so much available these days, everywhere, that I can't even imagine trying to find something without the help of a knowlegable agent. You also need someone on your side to get you through all the issue specific to the area. Good luck!!
Rich Gagnon, , Hayesville, NC
Wed Jan 16, 2008
Hi Satina,
I am a reealtor in Clay county, Hayesville, Century 21. I could help with any questions you have.
This is a very beutiful area, and it is a buyers market now. my e-mail is rich@hayesville.net