I would like to build a new home in surf city. Any one have an idea of the price per sq. ft.?

Asked by koriente, West Wildwood, NJ Mon May 28, 2012

Answers

3
Tom Fredella’s answer
Tom Fredella, , Dover Township, NJ
Fri Jun 29, 2012
Price for new construction in Surf City will run 150.00 - 200.00 per sq.ft. For. Basic construction 2000 sq.ft. Home on your lot and up. That is a safe number to start with. It can go up with more challenging construction, ie: building on pilings, large open areas, and elaborate framing etc. The other items that can run up costs are elaborate finishes, kit. Cabs. Moldings, Tile/Marble, fixtures. Ask your GC about allowances and buy as much high end products yourself for them to install. If you have a good relatioship with yoiur GC he should allow this. Email me back with any questions or check my website http://www.accessbayside.com.

Tom Fredella
Bay Coast Realty
(732) 585-5034 cell
koriente, Home Buyer, West Wildwood, NJ
Thu Jun 21, 2012
Thank you Cathleen. I already have a lot in Surf City and am trying to decide wether I want the aggravation of being the GC or hiring one. With what you said about the highs and lows of the price per sq. ft. I think I am leaning more towards being my own GC. I would appreciate some references of good sub contractors and will email you.Thanks again.
Cathleen "Ca…, Agent, Barnegat, NJ
Wed Jun 20, 2012
This question is hard to give you an exact amount without knowing what area, meaning on ocean, or ocean side, on bay or bay side. What type of home meaning the more complex the shape, the more expensive the square footage would be and size would be a factor also. For instance there are new construction now for sale that is $387 low to over $1,000 a square foot on LBI. The best bet for you to get a realistic price is to make contact with a builder down here and let him give you an estimate or idea of what the cost would be for the type of home you are considering to have built. I would be more than happy to give you a list of builders that specfically build on the island if you like. Do you already have a lot in Surf City to build on? If not I would be glad to help you find one. Please feel free to contact me via e-mail - cmatulewicz29@gmail.com or by phone 609-713-9634 for any further help I can be to you.