I would be accompanying my daughter to attend a summer program at Cal Poly for a month. Besides renting a hotel room, what are the other optionals?

Asked by yvonnecwchan, San Luis Obispo, CA Mon Feb 18, 2013

Answers

4
Sarah Flicki…, Home Buyer, San Luis Obispo, CA
Tue Apr 2, 2013
Stay at Old Edna's Suite Edna guesthouse or their new DeSolina House. It's out in wine country, beautiful, incredibly quiet and just a couple of minutes to town. The Suite Edna property is listed on VRBO.
Web Reference:  http://www.oldedna.com
Holly Campuz…, Agent, Roanoke, VA
Wed Feb 27, 2013
You may go to VacationRentals.Com which is an excellent source for housing. Having a kitchen and other amenities will reduce the cost of having to eat out.

Her focus may also be increased during her study time, as hotels tend to be noisy with the traffic of people checking in and out of their rooms each day.

If you are ever considering buying a more permanent vacation home then you may want to visit CoastalSLO.Com.

Holly Campuzano, Realtor
Prudential California Realty
805.441.9193
Michael Byrd, Agent, Arroyo Grande, CA
Tue Feb 19, 2013
Vacation rentals, either in town or at the beach, are a great alternative. They're fully furnished and equipped and kitchens allow you to eat in whenever you want which can save money. Also, I think some student housing projects near campus may be open for summer rentals. Some used to cater to Arizonians fleeing their summer heat. I'm not sure if that's still the case but you can check their websites.
Sonsie Conroy, Agent, San Luis Obispo, CA
Tue Feb 19, 2013
The Heritage Inn is a nice bed & breakfast, and there are others. Renting an apartment may not be an option for such a short visit, but you might check Craigslist to see if people are offering short-term rentals. You might also consider putting an ad in Craigslist yourself, asking to share a house or rent a room or two. I'm sure others will have more ideas. Good luck in your search!