I wnat to know the property that i want to buy is not in the flood zone.

Asked by Ajay Patel, Passaic, NJ Mon Jan 12, 2009

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Mary Grunmei…, , Morris Plains, NJ
Sat Jul 25, 2009
If the home is in Morris County, you can find great records for flood, wetlands, and more from the Morris County Clerk's website. Click through to property tax search.
Web Reference:  http://clerk.morris.nj.us/
0 votes
Tej Bhatnagar, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Sat Jul 11, 2009
Hi Ajay,
I always send my clients to a free website first: http://www.fema.gov Just remember that the maps are a little bit older but gives you a general idea of the flood zone. Our MLS system eliminated flood zones about a year ago. When you have a house under contract and they go thru the title search, they will tell you if it requires flood insurance from the most recent flood maps. An altenative is to get a buyers agent, like myself, to help you. We can ask the owners or owner's agent if they have mandatory flood insurance coverage. If you ask, they will have to disclose. We can also obtain a seller disclosure on the property which will disclose flood insurance. My website is below, feel free to visit me and ask me any questions you may have however large or small.
Web Reference:  http://www.TJSellsHomes.com
0 votes
William Leigh…, , New Jersey
Mon Jan 12, 2009
Ajay: Two sources for you: The municipal Building Department usually has the updated maps. Even easier, here's where you can find the maps on the web for the entire country . http://www.fema.gov/
0 votes
Paul Howard, Agent, Cherry Hill, NJ
Mon Jan 12, 2009
Go to:http://msc.fema.gov/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/FemaWelcomeVie…

and enter the address. It will tell you the zone the property is in.

Paul Howard, Broker
NJHomeBuyer.com Realty
811 Church Rd
Cherry Hill NJ 08002
0 votes
Denise Canell, Agent, Clinton, NJ
Mon Jan 12, 2009
Hi Ajay:

Unfortunately, our multiple listing service has decided to eliminate the flood information from our listings. If you are working with a buyer's agent who is extremely familiar with the area, she may know if the property is in a flood zone. If your agent has a good working relationship with a real estate attorney, she could also have the attorney order a flood certification for you, for a small fee, prior to putting an offer on the home. If not, then your mortgage company will do a flood certification when the appraisal is ordered. Hope that helps!
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Home Buying in Parsippany Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more