Cmartin, Home Buyer in Pittsylvania County,...

I went from a 740 score to a 540 score due to a divorce is there a way to get qualified for a smaller loan if behind on current loan?

Asked by Cmartin, Pittsylvania County, VA Mon Nov 1, 2010

Help the community by answering this question:


If you're behind on your current loan, entering into another one doesn't sound like a good idea. Fix your current credit issues, THEN get start thinking about buying again.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 1, 2010
Hello CMartin,

This may not directly help you in your personal situation but the website has pretty good information on how to improve your credit score.

Speak to a lender who can qualify you. But do ask if you do qualify what kind of interest rate and closing cost will cost you. You don't want to end with an expensive loan program also.

Good Luck
Ritu Desai
Associate Broker
Samson Properties
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Nov 1, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer