I was told the first step to home buying is finding a mortgage broker...is this correct? what are some suggested or popular mortgage brokers??

Asked by Tonette Sutton, Youngstown, OH Tue Oct 16, 2012

Answers

6
Chris Gerke’s answer
Chris Gerke, Agent, Liberty Twp, OH
Sat Oct 20, 2012
Hello Tonette! Many people are unsure where to start the process, so you're not alone. The best place to start would be to contact a local broker and/or bank & and let them know you're looking to get pre-approved for a mortgage. I have several that I work with that offer extremely low rates & closing costs and I'd be happy to refer you to them. Once you apply for a mortgage and you're pre-approved they'll give you an amount which you're pre approved for (Make sure you ask about payments for the amount you're pre-approved for & make sure you're comfortable with that. Some people aren't comfortable with the payment at the full amount they're pre-approved for). Once you're pre-approved & you know how much you can, and are willing to, spend, that's when the fun begins! Feel free to contact me at you're earliest convenience & I'd be happy to assist you & send you my preferred lenders contact information. You can reach me at 513-673-7074 or chris@chrisgerke.com.
Darlene Cane…, Agent, Mason, OH
Wed Oct 17, 2012
Hi, Tonette,,

I have a First-Time Home Buyers Guide that I would be happy to send your way. Email me your contact information and I will send the book out to you.

Let me know how I can be of help.

Darlene

Darlene Canepa-Deno
Keller Williams Pinnacle Group
513-204-9514
908-229-3921
darlene.canepadeno@gmail.com
http://www.cincyhomesforyou.com
, ,
Tue Oct 16, 2012
I would choose a Realtor first, then have them introduce you to the local lender they trust most. It is hard enough to close a deal today working with a team, much harder with strangers.

Use a local loan officer that is licensed to do business in your state. Good luck,

Jim Simms
NMLS # 6395
JSimms@cmcloans.com
Financing Kentucky One Home at a Time
Web Reference:  http://jamessimms.com/
Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Tue Oct 16, 2012
You should look for a local and trusted loan officer. You can choose a bank or mortgage company. Ask your family and friends who they used, who they liked or did not like. If no one can refer anyone, check with your buyer agent, they will certainly be able to refer some good loan officers.
Chris Gerke, Agent, Liberty Twp, OH
Tue Oct 16, 2012
Great Question Tonette!!! Most commonly people either contact the Realtor they are going to work with or the lender they are going to work with. Most of my client contact me & then I refer them to a trustworthy & qualified lender to get a pre-approval. Once pre-approved, then the fun begins!!! Time to start looking at homes & finding yours!!!

Don't hesitate to contact me, I'm an experience, full time professional. I will work diligently to protect & represent you & your interests. Give me a call & let's get the ball rolling in your search for your next home!! Good Luck Tonette, I hope to hear from you soon!

Chris Gerke
OwnerLand Realty
513-673-7074 Direct
513-322-7124 Fax
Chris@chrisgerke.com
http://www.chrisgerke.com
Brianne Krog…, Agent, Cincinnati, OH
Tue Oct 16, 2012
Yes, Tonette. This is the best starting point for a buyer. It helps you understanding what price range of houses you should be looking at and you will get a good idea of how much you need for a down payment as well as what your monthly mortgage payment will be. Most Realtors have several names of great mortgage contacts. Maybe your first step should be to determine which Realtor you would like to work with? Best of luck and of course, I would be more than willing to help.
Brianne Kroger
Brianne.kroger@cbws.com