I was recently scammed from an ad you ran for a house at 603 Main , Grass Valley, the claimed owner wanted my info. I gave it, he said I was approved

Asked by crolmarie, Grass Valley, CA Sat Apr 19, 2014

And that I should send a western union moneygram to Nigeria and he would then send the keys to said house. Too many red flags. You need to know about this.

Answers

3
Dan Tabit, Agent, Issaquah, WA
Sat Apr 19, 2014
crolmarie,
I hate to tell you, but this is an old scam that is run all over the interenet. Trulia has a warning on each rental that I've seen. I've attached a link to it below. I'm sorry you were hurt.
Spencer Gray, Agent, Bonney Lake, WA
Sat Apr 19, 2014
Renters have to be very savvy. Unfortunately there are people everywhere trying to make money by being dishonest. Get a good Realtor or Property Manager to show you homes if in doubt.
Debra (Debbi…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Sat Apr 19, 2014
there are many rental scams online - it is a shame, but that is the reality of it

if you care to, pull up the "listing" and click on the FLAG option under the address...........use the drop down menu to select "suspect FRAUD" - once you flag it, trulia should remove it