I want to make an offer on a coop in Brooklyn but i need to find a buying agent. I am afraid I might not be quick enough to get this all lined up.

Asked by Bkny153, Brooklyn, NY Sat Feb 4, 2012

Answers

6
Oleg Polonsky, Agent, brooklyn, NY
Sat Feb 11, 2012
Good evening, BKny. Unless you found a truly amazing deal - if it takes another day or two before you make an offer - you will still be OK since we are still in the buyers' market. Many agents out there (including me) work on a case by case basis as buyers agents or sellers agents. I would recommend that you find a broker or agent who is well familiar with the area as well as the type of property you are looking to buy. It appears that you have done all the preliminary work that involves actually finding the house (or apartment). As the other posters correctly pointed out - making an offer is very easy. If you want to make your offer more convincing - submit it along with either a mortgage pre-approval letter from a bank, or, in case of a cash purchase - proof of funds.

Wendy Cortese, , New York, NY
Sun Feb 5, 2012
Hi Bkny153!

Making an offer can be done very quickly. All you have to do is fill out a submit offer form (which I'm happy to supply you with) and the offer can be submitted to the seller's agent within minutes. Have you already been pre-qualified/pre-approved for financing? If so, make a quick call to your mortgage broker for a pre-qualifcation/pre-approval letter, which I recommend including with the submit offer form. If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me: wcortese@bhsusa.com or 718-399-4102.

Wendy Cortese
Licensed Real Estate Salesperson
Brown Harris Stevens
wcortese@bhsusa.com
http://bhsusa.com/real-estate-agent/wendy-cortese
Fajardo Dela…, Agent, Flushing, NY
Sun Feb 5, 2012
Bkny153

With your permission, I’d like to be that agent ...I really appreciate
your question and thank you for it. If I can be of further assistance
please let me know. Good luck! Fajardo Delacruz 347-932-0609
Mitchell Fel…, Agent, Brooklyn, NY
Sat Feb 4, 2012
Dear Bkny153:

I am a licensed agent in Brooklyn and have been involved in hundreds of co-ops sales over the years. Contact me and I can definitely help you out... I know everything you need to do and it can be done very quickly if need be. The pleasure would be all mine.

Mitchell S. Feldman
Associate Broker/ Director of Sales
Madison Estates & Properties, Inc.
Office: (718) 645-1665/ Cell: (917) 805-0783
Email: MitchellSFeldman@aol.com
Chris Schill…, Agent, Houston, TX
Sat Feb 4, 2012
A great resource to find trained/experienced/full time agents in your market is to look at http://www.crs.com and click on the "Find a CRS" tab in the center of the screen. You will be able to enter the city or zip code of where you are looking at real estate and find a fantastic option for you to interview to be your new real estate professional. To earn this designation, an agent must sell a minimum of 25 homes and take a ton of classes.

(50% of the agents in many local associations do not sell 1 home a year and the bottom 80% generally sells less than 4 a year).

While there are plenty of great agents out there that do not hold a CRS designation, it is a great way for a consumer at a glance to have some degree of confidence that their new representative has the skills you’re looking for to help you with your next real estate transaction.

If you liked my answer, please give me the "Thumbs Up" and reward me by designating me as the "Best Answer"!
Thanks!

Respectfully,

Chris Schilling, ABR, GRI, CRS, GREEN
Real Estate Broker
Turbo Realty
Web Reference:  http://www.crs.com
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Sat Feb 4, 2012
Ask family, friends, co-workers, etc., for recommendations; or simply call and interview a few local agents from different realty offices, then choose the one you like best; you can also locate some area agents under the find a pro tab. If you need recommendations feel free to contact me directly.