I want to live within 10 minutes of the beach. Somewhere between LA and San Diego. I need a house no more

Asked by Geoff, California Mon Mar 10, 2008

than 700,000 but preferably less, and preferably closer to LAX. What is a good family community with detached housing? I need 3 bedrooms and would prefer a pool.

Answers

8
Dorene Slavi…, Agent, Torrance, CA
Wed Sep 10, 2008
We have some great communities for you that fit that criteria.Culver City,Playa del Rey,Redondo and Manhattan Beach are all good areas to look in.
Web Reference:  http://www.doreneslavitz.com
Rebecca Cham…, , Palos Verdes Estates, CA
Mon Mar 10, 2008
San Pedro, you can walk to the beach and find a 3 bedroom under $700,000..It's about 20 minutes to LAX. Rancho Palos Verdes which is right next door starts about $700K for a 3 bedroom but is in a terrific school system if you have kids.
Jason Willia…, , Anaheim, CA
Mon Mar 10, 2008
Sorry I left out the words "Long Beach" after 30 two posts down. There are a few nice neighborhoods in Long Beach.
Lourdrie McN…, Agent, Long Beach, CA
Mon Mar 10, 2008
Geoff,

Well, no one has mentioned Long Beach. You have Naples, Belmont Shores, Belmont Heights, Alamitos Beach, Downtown Long Beach, just a few to mention. Many of these are just blocks or walking distance to the beach. Great neighborhoods with shopping, restaurants and a lot of day and night activities. Your price range can buy you a 3-bedroom in most of these areas. If you would like more information regarding these great areas of Long Beach, please email me at loubandb@ca.rr.com or feel free to contact me at 562-879-9677. Would love to give you a tour.
Web Reference:  http://www.loubandb.com
Jason Willia…, , Anaheim, CA
Mon Mar 10, 2008
I found about 20 in HB and 30 in that fit your criteria.
M, , Florida
Mon Mar 10, 2008
Geoff,
You have so many opportunities out there. I would strongly recommend that you call Mark and Kari Shea in San Diego. Mark is the most honest and professional real estate agent I know!
Very best of luck. Let him know Marian Schaffer referred him.
The Schaffer Realty Group
877-886-8388
http://www.marianschafferrealty.com
terry@marianschaffer.com
Laura Ashley…, , Encino, CA
Mon Mar 10, 2008
Hello....yes, that is possible. Redondo Beach might be a good choice for you. Other beach towns that could offer what you are looking for are: Huntington, Laguna, San Clemente (if you are interested in Orange County). You would be able to get more for your money in the OC and the schools are great.

Good luck with your move,
Laura
Susan, Home Buyer, San Francisco, CA
Mon Mar 10, 2008
Try Westchester which is near Marina Del Rey and Playa Del Rey. You may also try Torrance, which is 10 min inland from Hermosa/Redondo Beach. Both of these areas are within 10-20 minutes of LAX as well.