I want to know which areas are good for homes with many acres, mountain views, possibly some water nearby to boat/ski.

Asked by Holly Carnahan, Scottsdale, AZ Sat Aug 31, 2013

Answers

4
Shannon Mill…, Agent, Evergreen, CO
Sun Sep 1, 2013
As Sally said, there is a lot of information about exactly what you want/need that would be needed in order to find areas that would be a good fit for you. I would caution you to find out about the rules on the lake that you are considering. For example, Evergreen lake does not allow motorized boats. Wellington lake is a fee lake. Also, most lakes in the mountains are too cold for you to ski in. You may be able to use a wet suit in some of them. Please contact me if I can help any further and good luck in your search
Cory Fitzsim…, Agent, Golden, CO
Tue Sep 3, 2013
Consider the northern areas: Berthoud/Loveland/Red Feather/Longmont/Fort Collins/Wellington. It will depend on how many acres and your price. Colorado is pretty sparse on water but it can be found. Private lake or community?
Sally Grenier, Agent, Boulder, CO
Sun Sep 1, 2013
That's pretty general and Colorado is a big area. Can you elaborate on your situation? Do you want to be within a certain distance of a metropolitan area (ie, Denver, boulder, Colorado Springs) for jobs, healthcare, schools, shopping, etc?

Would this be your primary residence or a vacation home?

What price range?
What do you mean by "many acres"? 5? 20? 100?
What size home would you like (# of BR/BA, square footage, garage spaces, etc)

I've lived in Colorado my entire life and know the state pretty well. I've lived on Colorado's "front range" for 20+ years in Boulder County.
John G. John…, Agent, Westcliffe, CO
Sat Aug 31, 2013
Please consider our area: Westcliffe, CO. Also known as the Wet Mountain Valley. We are at the base of the Sangre de Cristo Mountains, the longest, highest and straightest mountain range in the world. You may view this are on my website: http://www.JohnGJohnston.com
Good luck in your search!