Rafael, Home Buyer in Columbia, SC

I want to know as a foreigner if I invest in a house in Orlando what would be the property tax rate? Is it?

Asked by Rafael, Columbia, SC Mon Apr 28, 2008

the same for foreigners than for locals? Is it based on the price I pay or is it based on what the goverment believes the house is worth? I heard it shouldnt pass 2 % of what I pay but I have heard different things as well so I am not sure. Thankyou in advance for your answers.

Answers

2
Gregory Hort…, , 33326
Mon Apr 28, 2008
Hello rafael,

The following site should provide you with all the anwsers to your questions : http://www.ocpafl.org. I see you are looking in West Metro. I have a developer that I have been working with in the area that is offering great incentives right now. Give me a call if you may be interested. Good luck in your search.
Allison Ralph, Agent, Boca Raton, FL
Mon Apr 28, 2008
You need to look into the FIRPTA laws governing foreign investors. You will be subject to tax withholding upon the sale of the property.