Home Buying in Alsip>Question Details

Idesof March, Home Buyer in Alsip, IL

I want to get my house back, was involved in a mortgage scam, I do have an attorney to go after the people, but the bank that foreclosed will not aid.

Asked by Idesof March, Alsip, IL Tue Mar 2, 2010

Deutshe bank will not help with this situation, I lost my busines to an embezzler, got be hind in the mortgage, a person said they would buy my house keep it out of foreclosure, take a percentage of the equity and the balance would be held and used as a down payment for me to but my home back, appx. in one year, well as you might have figured out they let my home go into foreclosure, and took the monies, since then I have been trying to get Deutsche bank to talk with me, to either rent me my home till this mes is fixed or sell the home to me, thier lawyers say they only want me out, they dont care about the situation and I should have known better. I feel stupid enough letting a friend put me out of business I just wanted to save my familys home and get back on my feet. I trusted people I shouldnt have but I still believe there are good people out there who do want to help, I only hope one of them read this. Duetsche bank please contact me and lets try to work this mess out.

Help the community by answering this question:


Mitch Larrivee’s answer
Just like everyone else says, see an attorney. If you're concerned about the money -it may be well worth it to get back the money. You have been robbed! I truly wish I could help you more..
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 21, 2011
You need an attorney who deals with foreclosure matters, not just an attorney. Make sure the attorney you have has experience in this field. As far as Deutsche Bank, forget it. They have a horrible reputation in these matters. They don't care, they have no need or reason to deal with you.
If you really want your house back, put together financing and make an offer on the foreclosure sale.
Realistically, lick your wounds, walk away and vow to never forget this hard lesson. These situations tend to take a high emotional toll on people that isn't usually worth it.
Web Reference: http://www.aic-chicago.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 21, 2011
Your best bet is your attorney. The bank is not going to assist you. If they already foreclosed, your only hope is if your state has a redemption period, your attorney can help with that. Unfortanately what you fell for is is a common scam that most people figure out. your best bet and for anyone reading this in a similar situation, is to contact the bank, ask for home retention and they have programs that can help you stay in your home. Never never pay anyone who promises to help for money, they just want your money, you could have done everything yourself at no cost. Now you have to stay in the home to have a chance and check with your states AG as well. I wish you the best in working things out
Web Reference: http://www.ScottSellsNH.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 2, 2010
Your attorney can best help you with your situation--
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 2, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer